Version 1.9.0 - android app: Create Account button missing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lazky
    • Apr 2013
    • 5.7.X

Version 1.9.0 - android app: Create Account button missing?

Since I upgrade from Android App version 1.7.0 to 1.9.0 the Create Account button is missing on the front page of the app. When I go to the activity page it says that I have to register and click on the Sign in button, which takes me back to the front page again without the Register/Create Account button like we had with version 1.7.0. Is there a way to get that button back so new android visitors can create an account on our forum with the mobile app?

I already made a bug report but maybe there is a workaround?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Do you have paid subscriptions on the site?

Comment

• Lazky
      • Apr 2013
      • 5.7.X

We do have paid subscription for members in a junior usergroup. New registered members don't see the subscription option untill they are upgrade to that junior usergroup.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

I believe having any sort of paid subscriptions disables the account creation button in both apps, instead of just iOS, per iOS/apples requirements.

Comment

• Lazky
          • Apr 2013
          • 5.7.X

Yep, "delete Paid Subscription" made the button appear in the app again. Great! We don't have that Paid Subscription problem with earlier versions of the app though, that's why I never mentioned it before. Thanks for the workaround, now we can continu to use the new version since it looks and works way better :-D

GetLazy
          vB 4.2.2 PL4

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

You might be able to trick the system with some customizations, but for that you'd need vBulletin.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...