• Show
Clear All
  • Mermaid
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.6.x

Impex error

I have uploaded impex and edited the config

When I click on Import in ACP I ge this:

There seems to have been a problem with the database.

ImpEx Database error

mysql error: Invalid SQL: CREATE TABLE vbimpexerror (
    errorid bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
    errortype varchar(10) NOT NULL default '',
    classnumber varchar(3) NOT NULL default '',
    importid bigint(20) NOT NULL default 0,
    error varchar(250) default 'NULL',
    remedy varchar(250) default 'NULL',
    PRIMARY KEY (errorid)
    ) TYPE=MyISAM

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 9

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Tuesday 09th 2014f December 2014 01:55:46 PM
    Database: pete_stolen_v4
    MySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 9

can anyone help please?

Thanks

• BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

You need to make the edits in this thread before starting: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ual-file-fixes

Comment

• Mermaid
      • Mar 2008
      • 3.6.x

Thanks Joe, after editing import appeared to work but although a forum imported (there is only one forum), the threads were not there (I ran all the update tools) rebuilt threads, posts etc.

Any idea what I'm missing? (vbulletin 4.2.2)

Thanks.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Are you absolutely sure you ran the update threads and update forums tools because that is exactly the problem you would have if you didn't and I've never heard of them not showing if they otherwise imported OK.
        For the heck of it run them again- do you see any errors?

Before you run them make sure you add the following line to the config.php file-
        Code:
        define('SKIP_DS_ERRORS', true);
        It's possible a visible warning was breaking the rebuild process I suppose.

Comment

• Mermaid
          • Mar 2008
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
          Are you absolutely sure you ran the update threads and update forums tools because that is exactly the problem you would have if you didn't and I've never heard of them not showing if they otherwise imported OK.
          For the heck of it run them again- do you see any errors?

Before you run them make sure you add the following line to the config.php file-
          Code:
          define('SKIP_DS_ERRORS', true);
          It's possible a visible warning was breaking the rebuild process I suppose.
          Same issue. In the end I gave up. I tried with xenforo and that works. vBulletin really needs to make the importing process better - having to do all those file edits, why not just update the importers?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...