Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MASTERforge
    • Apr 2007

Upgrading PHPBB to Vbulletin

I want to upgrade my phpbb to VB but I don't have another server to migrate to.

Is it possibly to simply overinstall on the current phpbb or would i need to backup, clean everything off the server then install VB and import the backed up files?

Please help this is very confusing. I have only found migrating from one server to another.
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

You can simply install vBulletin to a different folder and then import your data.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Hi there.

You do not need another server. You can install vBulletin on the same database using a unique table_prefix (which you set in the vb config file) and then install impex on top of vBulletin. Once installed you can point the impex config file to target (your vb) and source (your phpbb) and import the data.

Once done you can clean up the impex and start using vb. when everything works ok you can delete the phpbb forum files and database and start using vbulletin.

Of course, don't install vbulletin on top of phpbb files. Use a separate directory.

Also, make a backup of your phpbb files and database before doing anything.

Comment

• MASTERforge
        • Apr 2007

This sounds way too complicated for me!

Would anybody be interested in undertaking this task on my behalf? If anyone is interested what sort of fee would it entail?

This is a bit too complicated and I am short on time and confidence

So if anyone is interested in a little project please email me at [email protected]

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Please note that it is against the rules to solicit paid services on these forums:

You can try posting in the 'Requests for Paid Services' forum at vbulletin.org for help with this.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...