X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svsanchez
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

Welcome $bbuserinfo[username]

Hello, whenever a user logs on to my forum, instead of getting a "Welcome username" message they get a "Welcome $bbuserinfo[username]" message. I would like to know how to change $bbuserinfo[username] to the actual user's username. This also happens to me as the admin.

Thank you!

Edit: I'm sorry, I just found out I posted this in the wrong place. Hopefully an admin can move it to the vBulletin 4 support thread.
  • THVossen
    • Oct 2016
    • 5.2.x

Replace $bbuserinfo[username] with {1}

Comment

• svsanchez
      • Aug 2011
      • 4.1.x

Hello THVossen, thank you for your reply, but could you please tell me where to make that change?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

The main issue is the language pack you are using is likely too old for the version of vBulletin you are running. If you can't find an updated language file go to Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Find Updated Phrases and each phrase listed will need to be re-translated so they are updated.

Comment

• svsanchez
          • Aug 2011
          • 4.1.x

Hello, thanks to both of you, I was able to find the string to be modified trough the CP > Languages & Phrases > Search in phrases. Removed $bbuserinfo[username] and replaced it with {1}

The forum now displays the user's name correctly when he logs in

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...