X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jinovich
    • Feb 2005
    • 3.5.x

Rolled back post and thread table now a weird issue with post edit history

So we rolled back our post and thread tables to a backup from two months ago.

An issue we saw quite soon was that when some new posts were posted it would show a last edit for a different username in the past (before the post was created).

My first thoughts were that it was the postedithistory table which contained records for post ID's that hadn't been created yet as we didn't roll this table back.

So I did a quick search on the postedithistory table for one of the postid's affected by this and it returned zero results.

If I click on the "last edited by" to take me to the post history it returns "Invalid post specifed" which is what I would have expected given there being zero results on the postedithistory table.

Any other tables I should be looking in?

• BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

There's no supported means to roll back just specific tables, you should restore the full backup from whenever you want to revert back to. There will be many problems only reverting posts and threads.

Comment

• Jinovich
      • Feb 2005
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
      There's no supported means to roll back just specific tables, you should restore the full backup from whenever you want to revert back to. There will be many problems only reverting posts and threads.
      From an official support perspective I get that.

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

A quick and dirty fix (and unsupported) for the issue with Last Edited By showing up on new threads and posts would be to manually insert one line into the thread and post tables, using a threadid and postid higher than any that would have existed before you rolled back the tables. Then delete those rows. The counter will be higher next time a real post is submitted, in theory you're using fresh postids and similar for threadids. May resolve the issue- completely untested.

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Jinovich
          Any other tables I should be looking in?
          Yes, those links would be coming from "Editlog".
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...