First time using VB4. Just released my new site. Got a couple issues I need resolved

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

First time using VB4. Just released my new site. Got a couple issues I need resolved

Just released my new site.

Never edited registered users usergroup permissions. Everything is default.

I'm getting people complaining about a few things. The registered users usergroup does not allow for avatars to show. How to I edit this function.

Also when sending a private message, the message does not appear inside the same received message. Is this normal? Does it still send the message to the user or am I not seeing my response written because it never sent.

Let me know what I can do to fix these 2 issues. Thanks.

- TheXboxCloud
    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

Okay I found out why the avatar wasn't showing. It was because my user uploaded a profile picture instead. However, I still don't know why the private messages aren't showing both members messages on the same page.

Also, the messages do not appear in the sent folder either. I'm not sure why that is. Upon replies and sending a new message. Nothing appears in the sent folder.

So that's my last question for now if someone wants to wrap this up with an answer.

Thanks.

Regards,

- The Xbox Cloud
    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• AliMadkour
      • Dec 2004
      • 6.X

you should check "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder." to save a copy in sent folder this option is unchecked by default.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
      Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• Brad Padgett
        • Jul 2014
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by AliMadkour
        you should check "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder." to save a copy in sent folder this option is unchecked by default.

Thanks that clears that up.

Comment