• Show
Clear All
  • markoroots
    • May 2014
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] Users viewing forums

Hello,
    I'm having a big problem.
    My forum is a young forum, so I have set the cookie time to 9223372000000000000
    to let show for more time the users active on the forum.

Before the (users viewing) voice remained enabled for many time so the (users viewing forum) was around 200 or 300 for each forum.
    Now i don't know what is succede but the count of the users that are viewing the forums restart each 2 days, showing also noone online.
    Please look the image.

Is there someone that can help me please??
    I really don't know what to do.
  • markoroots
    • May 2014
    • 4.2.x

No one?

Comment

• markoroots
      • May 2014
      • 4.2.x

Is it possible to have some support for a product that I have buied from you???

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Set your cookie back to 900. Turn off the functionality to show users viewing forums under Settings -> Options -> Forum Home: Options -> Display Logged in Users?

Or remove the text from the forumhome_forumbit_level1_post and forumhome_forumbit_level2_post templates.

Most visitors won't care about low numbers here as much as they will if you lie about the activity on the site.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• markoroots
          • May 2014
          • 4.2.x

Hi Wayne Luke and thanks for your reply.

Yes I had to make this because before the forum was really empty... But thanks for the good tip.

I have made also a test with the things that you tell me and:
          I have setted the cookie to 900
          And I have seen like always... (maybe in my previous post, reading again, I wasn't very clear)
          That the sum of all users found in the "Display Logged in Users" notes is very minor of the number shown in the statistic down the forum "Active users"

Because down the forum show me 518 users online
          and all users shown in "Display Logged in Users" tabs, are less of 80 users.

So I cannot understand what can cause this.

Can you please help me??
          Last edited by markoroots; Mon 29 Feb '16, 10:20am.

Comment

• kh99
            • Aug 2009

The forum statistics show the number of users who were logged in the past 30 days (or whatever "Active Members Time Cut-Off" is set to, under "Forum Home: Options").

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...