X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • attroll
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Navigation Manager and sub menu listing

Is there an in depth documentation somewhere where it explains how to set up the Navigation Manager?

I have create a tab with four sub tabs(links) under the top level tab. But the problem I have is that the tab that I created does not default to that tab being highlighted. I also does not list all the sub tabs that I created in the secondary tab list under that tab.

Could someone point me in the right direction, please.
  • AliMadkour
    • Dec 2004
    • 6.X

I think that article will help you https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...gation-Manager

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• attroll
      • Jan 2003
      • 4.2.X

Thank you, this helped a lot. I figured out how to make the tab stay highlighted when I click on the tab I created.
      I have it so that when I click on the tab I created it highlights the tab and displays the links I have created under it.
      It does not explain how to make it so that when I add a link under the tab that I created, then click on the link and have it display/default to the tab I created.
      When I click on the link under the tab I created it defaults back to the forum tab but I want it to default to the tab I created.
      Can someone please explain this if it is possible?
      Last edited by attroll; Sat 26 Jan '13, 8:57pm.

Comment

• AliMadkour
        • Dec 2004
        • 6.X

Edit tab, Set Append 'tabid' to URL to Yes

Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• attroll
          • Jan 2003
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by AliMadkour
          Edit tab, Set Append 'tabid' to URL to Yes
          I have tried this and it does not fix the issue.

I can click on the tab and it will remain highlighted but when click on a link within the tab it defaults to the forum tab.

Comment

• AliMadkour
            • Dec 2004
            • 6.X

What is your tab link? , Its a specific forum ? if yes so it work as designed

Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• attroll
              • Jan 2003
              • 4.2.X

Here is the link to the tab I am referring to http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/index.php.
              If you click the link UPLOAD in that tabs links you will see what I mean by it defaulting back to the forum tab.
              It does not leave that tab highlighted.

Does this have to do with the field "Show Permission Name" in the link that I created under the tab?
              Last edited by attroll; Sun 27 Jan '13, 6:51am.

Comment

• AliMadkour
                • Dec 2004
                • 6.X

You'll need to input Tab Script(s) values, since its a 3rd-party mods I don't know what's the script name,
                Ask mod author for script name then add it on Tab Script(s) input field.

Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• attroll
                  • Jan 2003
                  • 4.2.X

I have the tab script name in there "gallery_index" and it works when I click on the tab but when I click on the Upload link (that I created) within the tab is defaults to the forum tab. I need it to stay within the Gallery tab.

Comment

• AliMadkour
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 6.X

You'll need to add upload.php script name too into Tab Script(s), Click on Help (Question mark) on your AdminCP for more info (how to add multi tab script)

Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• attroll
                      • Jan 2003
                      • 4.2.X

Thanks, this also helped a lot. You have been very helpful and I appreciate your patients.
                      Now it looks like I am limited to the amount of characters (30) I can put in the Tab Script(s)
                      I would like to fit the following in the Tab Script(s); gallery_index.gallery_upload.gallery_search
                      But it will only take gallery_index.gallery_upload.g
                      It says I am only limited to 30 characters.
                      I only need to add one more Tab Script input but I would need to have 43 characters in order to have all that I need.
                      It also says;
                      If you are writing a product that uses many different scripts, you should set your own constant in them, and use the 'set_navigation_tab' hook to detect this constant and set your selected tab.
                      Is there any documentation that describes how to do this for the tab as I am trying to do?

Comment

• AliMadkour
                        • Dec 2004
                        • 6.X

I am Sorry, We don't provide support for code modification/plugins here, you'll need to ask on vBulletin.org the modification website

Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• attroll
                          • Jan 2003
                          • 4.2.X

Then maybe you could explain a little more by what you are saying by this statement here in the Admincp description, please;
                          "If you are writing a product that uses many different scripts, you should set your own constant in them, and use the 'set_navigation_tab' hook to detect this constant and set your selected tab."

How to set my own constant and using the 'set_navigation_tab' hook to detect this constant?

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

You will want to write a plugin using the set_navigation_tab_main (or _vbview if for the CMS) that sets the highlighted tab. Example:

PHP Code:
                            if (THIS_SCRIPT == 'xxxxx'$root 'tab_id_from_nav_manager'
                            If you need more help, you really need to ask over on vbulletin.org

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment