X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dizzynation
    • Jun 2011
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Status Aborted: Upgrading to 4.2 from 3.8

At the 98% mark I go this - Status Aborted.

This code was about 100 pages long when I tried to copy paste, so here is the begining part

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
    <errors>
        <error><![CDATA[<p>Database Error</p>

Invalid SQL:
    UPDATE language SET title = title, phrasegroup_cprofilefield = 'a:8:{s:11:\"field1_desc\";s:28:\"A few details about yourself\";s:12:\"field1_title\";s:9:\"Biography\";s:11:\"field2_desc\";s:14:\"Where you live\";s:12:\"field2_title\";s:8:\"Location\";s:11:\"field3_desc\";s:17:\"Your hobbies, etc\";s:12:\"field3_title\";s:9:\"Interests\";s:11:\"field4_desc\";s:8:\"Your job\";s:12:\"field4_title\";s:10:\"Occupation\";}', phrasegroup_reputationlevel = 'a:15:{s:11:\"reputation1\";s:30:\"is infamous around these parts\";s:12:\"reputation10\";s:29:\"is a glorious beacon of light\";s:12:\"reputation11\";s:22:\"is a name known to all\";s:12:\"reputation12\";s:27:\"is a splendid one to behold\";s:12:\"reputation13\";s:23:\"has much to be proud of\";s:12:\"reputation14\";s:22:\"has a brilliant future\";s:12:\"reputation15\";s:30:\"has a reputation beyond repute\";s:11:\"reputation2\";s:24:\"can only hope to improve\";s:11:\"reputation3\";s:44:\"has a little shameless behaviour in the past\";s:11:\"reputation4\";s:36:\"is an unknown quantity
    - - - Updated - - -

Does this have to do with me not disabling my product addons? I didn't see an option to disable vbSEO

- - - Updated - - -

1:27am

Should I upload my backup.sql and disable my plugins this time?

- - - Updated - - -

PROBLEM:

I uploaded my backup (via ssh) i made just before trying to upgrade. Now I get a Database error

Database error
    The Filmmaker Forum database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
    • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    • Open the www.filmmakerforum.org home page, then try to open another page.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.
    The www.filmmakerforum.org forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.
    www.filmmakerforum.org
    www.digidistribution.com
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Yes you must disable all products before upgrading, including VBSEO. I can't say for sure that is the cause of the error but it would have resulted in an error at some point.

If you've restored the 3.8 database you must also restore the 3.8 files. You can download whatever version of 3.8 you were using before the upgrade attempt and re-upload its files.

Try disabling hooks-

To disable the plugin/hook system open your config.php which can be found in your forumroot/includes directory

Just below
    Code:
    <?php
    enter
    Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    and save the file.

If you would like to enable the plugin/hook system again, either remove the line again or simply comment that line out. To do so, add two forward slashes " / " so it will look like

Code:
    // define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    Next time you would like to disable the plugin/hook system again
    you simply have to remove the " // ".

---

As for the error message- if you did keep a copy of the full message, I see it is an error about invalid SQL... towards the end it should say what specifically was invalid... something like "Check your syntax near XXXXX = YYYYYY" or something like that- that would be the most useful part of the message.

Comment

• dizzynation
      • Jun 2011
      • 4.2.X

Ok so I tried restoring the forum from the backup I did a few hours ago before all this, now there are only blank white pages - I can lg into my admincp though.

filmmakerforum.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, filmmakerforum.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
      www.filmmakerforum.org
      www.digidistribution.com

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Did you restore the 3.8 files?

Did you disable hooks?

Comment

• dizzynation
          • Jun 2011
          • 4.2.X

Yes I restored the 3.8 i did a backup of just before starting installation

I have entered the disable code saved, and uploaded - no luck

- - - Updated - - -

Its weird, the files are there, but there is nothing displaying eg: forum.php

- - - Updated - - -

ok so www.filmmakerforum.org/forum.php was not working, i reuploaded the file and now it is. So i guess it takes two times?

Does disabling the hooks mean that all plugins are disabled? Will I have to still go to admincp and disable them before I upload to 4.2?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope reuploading all the files did not work. Just getting blank white pages

- - - Updated - - -

I give up here. Submitted support ticket
          www.filmmakerforum.org
          www.digidistribution.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...