Ie 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Ie 10

Getting this complaint from my forum users.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...hp/11791-Ie-10

Originally posted by DrComputer
    I'm not sure how many other people are using Windows 8 with IE 10 and this site, but as an IT guy I always have to use the latest toys. I have noticed that in IE 10 native mode when trying to post or edit a message you cannot insert a return. If you put IE 10 in compatibility mode then you can insert a return when in the editor but you lose all of the cool Windows 8 features like spell checking as you type. Doug, is there an update for the forum software that makes it play nice with IE 10 yet?
    Originally posted by ElSupreme
    I also have been using IE10, for a while now. And I browse this site on there. I have the exact same problem (in Metro (or whatever it is called now) mode as well as windowed mode). I just copy a carriage return and paste it when I post with IE10. It is a big hassle though.
    Is there any solution?

Use the non wysiwyg editor. It will resolve the problem.

Make sure the editor looks like mine:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	02059d57a574dd0cae111c8659db3479.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	58720

Follow me on Twitter @vBZachery
    vBulletin and Forum Runner Support

Comment

That worked, thanks. Any plans for an eventual fix? There are some things that require the WYSIWYG editor, like setting options on attachments, etc.

Comment

Pretty sure we've got plans to update the ckeditor to a newer version either in 4.2.1 or after 4.2.1

Comment

4.2.1 is here and no fix for this problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            Pretty sure we've got plans to update the ckeditor to a newer version either in 4.2.1 or after 4.2.1
            My statement was pretty clear.

Comment

sorry but the solution is here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-1#post3964131

Comment

Working...
              X