Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BonsaiNut
    • Oct 2006

[Forum] Errors being generated in Attachment Manager

I am continuing to slay bugs/glitches associated with a server move. I just moved from a shared server to a cloud server and paid to have someone migrate the site, and there are still a number of unresolved issues - most of which have been due to be paths, etc. None of these issues were apparent on the old site.

Right now if I enter CP/attachments/attachment manager and click on any of the file types (bmp, jpg, etc), the text box comes up with attachment type options, but then is immediately followed by a string of errors:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'package' in [path]/admincp/attachment.php on line 1368

Warning: Illegal string offset 'class' in [path]/admincp/attachment.php on line 1369

Warning: Illegal string offset 'package' in [path]/admincp/attachment.php on line 1368

Warning: Illegal string offset 'class' in [path]/admincp/attachment.php on line 1369

Warning: Illegal string offset 'package' in [path]/admincp/attachment.php on line 1381

Warning: Illegal string offset 'package' in [path]/admincp/attachment.php on line 1382

Warning: Illegal string offset 'class' in [path]/admincp/attachment.php on line 1382

Warning: Illegal string offset 'package' in [path]/admincp/attachment.php on line 1381

Warning: Illegal string offset 'package' in [path]/admincp/attachment.php on line 1382

Warning: Illegal string offset 'class' in [path]/admincp/attachment.php on line 1382

I wish my coding skills were up to snuff so I could chase this down. A little help and I'll continue to chip away at it.
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

What Version of PHP do you use at your new hoster? For example PHP 5.4.4 is not supported and could cause this error message.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• BonsaiNut
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Hartmut
      What Version of PHP do you use at your new hoster? For example PHP 5.4.4 is not supported and could cause this error message.
      Current PHP: PHP 5.2.17

Settings:
      Default PHP Version (.php files) 5
      PHP 5 Handler suphp
      PHP 4 Handler none
      Apache suEXEC on
      Apache Ruid2 off
      - - - Updated - - -

Hold on - they lied to me Actually the php that is installed is 5.4.6

Any recommendation for a version to step it back to?

Comment

• BonsaiNut
        • Oct 2006

They rolled back PHP to version 5.2.17 this am, and all of these errors went away. The site is also about twice as fast, and some other weird glitches have disappeared as well.

Comment

• aaraam
          • Oct 2005
          • 3.8.x

I also have same error
          I use PHP 5.4.12

Do you have any plan to upgrade to support latest PHP?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Yes, work has been done to make vB4 PHP 5.4 compatible and will come in a forthcoming release.
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• TundraSoul
              • Jun 2001
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
              Yes, work has been done to make vB4 PHP 5.4 compatible and will come in a forthcoming release.
              I also have this error using 5.4.13. Please advise when the software has been fixed.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Add the following line to your config.php:

error_reporting (0);

These warnings (they aren't errors) will go away. It won't fix all the issues with PHP 5.4.18 but it will fix these.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment