Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Please start your own thread, and do not hijack others threads.

Comment

• KurtinSA
      • Aug 2014
      • 4.2.x

Hmmm...seems like the subject is the same...the new poster just has more details then I had. I understand that someone has "hijacked" my thread, but it seems keeping the problem(s) in the same thread makes more sense.

Kurt

Comment

• sailsss
        • Oct 2014
        • 4.2.x

Yes, I did a search and I think we are all working on the same problem. I thought it was best not to distract the attention from the underlying issue.

Comment

• sailsss
          • Oct 2014
          • 4.2.x

For what it is worth, I was NOT able to reproduce this bad behavior (the forum forgetting or confusing login status) with my phone's browser (iOS 8, Safari), although Windows Firefox, IE and Chrome all DO exhibit the malfunction.

Comment

• sailsss
            • Oct 2014
            • 4.2.x

NEWS

My forum has seemingly fixed itself. What is the difference? I think it coincided with the change here in the US from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time. So, if the forum does not account for DST properly, then it will be timing-out cookies and so forth when it shouldn't. This seems to be consistent with KurtinSA's original post that he started noticing problems in April, i.e. right after we went to DST.

I don't think anything about DST is a browser setting -- is there anything in the vB Options, or in our config.php that we could use to make sure this is fixed for good?

Thanks.

Comment

• KurtinSA
              • Aug 2014
              • 4.2.x

Interesting observation...I'll ask around and see if people who used to have the remember me issue find that it is magically cleared up.

Kurt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...