X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amaury
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Answered] Group Colors

Is there something I can add to additional.css to change the color of our group colors? For example, we have our Registered Members group set to white for our default style, but on our light styles with white backgrounds, depending on how white they are, it doesn't show up well or not at all.
    Last edited by Amaury; Tue 10 Jul '12, 12:15pm.
    Former vBulletin user
  • Abdulla Ashoor
    • Feb 2005

user group fields accept html. So yes, you can add a class element to each usergroup [User Title] or [Title], example:

HTML Code:
    <span class="admingc">Administrator</span>
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
    vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

• Amaury
      • Mar 2012
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by al3bed
      user group fields accept html. So yes, you can add a class element to each usergroup [User Title] or [Title], example:

HTML Code:
      <span class="admingc">Administrator</span>
      Is that the code I add to additional.css?

I thought additional.css codes looked more like what you gave me for stuck threads. Also, what would it be for Registered Members?

#stickies .threadbit .alt { background:none #000; }
      Former vBulletin user

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
        • Sep 2008

It *might* be better to simply create a quick plugin that shows certain css elements differently based on usergroup .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Amaury25
          Is that the code I add to additional.css?

I thought additional.css codes looked more like what you gave me for stuck threads. Also, what would it be for Registered Members?

#stickies .threadbit .alt { background:none #000; }
          No. I am building on your words, how exactly Registered Members group set to white? I understand that you have set a color to usergroup title. What I suggest is to replace the color with a class element, then you will be able to add different color to different styles. You can find that by going to Admin CP -> Usergroup -> Usergroup Manager +> [edit group title add span with class]. If you done with this go to additional.css and add your color:

Code:
          .whateverclassnameyouhave {
              color:#123;
          }
          Not sure if that what you meant by "we have our Registered Members group set to white"..

Comment

• Amaury
            • Mar 2012
            • 4.2.X

No. I am building on your words, how exactly Registered Members group set to white? I understand that you have set a color to usergroup title. What I suggest is to replace the color with a class element, then you will be able to add different color to different styles. You can find that by going to Admin CP -> Usergroup -> Usergroup Manager +> [edit group title add span with class]. If you done with this go to additional.css and add your color:

Code:
            .whateverclassnameyouhave {
                color:#123;
            }
            Not sure if that what you meant by "we have our Registered Members group set to white"..
            Yeah, the text for that group is white. If you don't quite understand me, you can check the forum link in my signature.
            Former vBulletin user

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
              • Feb 2005

OK now I am sure about it

HTML Code:
              <span style="color:white;font-weight: ">• Registered Members</span>
              However, this is a custom code not default in vB, how exactly I suppose to help you with your custom work?
              search the above code in your 'forumhome' template, remove the 'style' and a 'class' for each group, change the color from additional.css

Comment

• Amaury
                • Mar 2012
                • 4.2.X

OK now I am sure about it

HTML Code:
                <span style="color:white;font-weight: ">• Registered Members</span>
                However, this is a custom code not default in vB, how exactly I suppose to help you with your custom work?
                search the above code in your 'forumhome' template, remove the 'style' and a 'class' for each group, change the color from additional.css
                I'm sorry, but I'm not really understanding.
                Former vBulletin user

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                  • May 2002
                  • 1.1.x

Can I assume that you have it set to white with the Username HTML Markup setting? Or are you talking about something else? (Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit the group)

Comment

• Amaury
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Matthew Gordon
                    Can I assume that you have it set to white with the Username HTML Markup setting? Or are you talking about something else? (Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit the group)
                    Yeah, the Username HTML Markup is set to white because it's based on our default style, Dance of the Dream Eater (Dark), as seen below. It also works on our other dark styles, as well as light styles where the background is a color, such as red or blue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Username HTML Markup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	3689572Click image for larger version

Name:	Registered Members Dark Style.jpg
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	3689570

However, on light styles with white backgrounds, like shown below in Dance of the Dream Eater (Light), it cannot be seen or is hard to see (depending on how white the background is).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Registered Members Light Style.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	3689571

If I change it to black, however, in the Username HTML Markup option, it will then become hard to see or not visible at all on our dark styles.
                    Former vBulletin user

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Amaury25
                      I'm sorry, but I'm not really understanding.
                      Is this the forum you are talking about? http://www.kh-mediaflare.net/forum.php

And are you talking about "What's Going On?" section where all user groups listed there?

Update | I am sorry Matthew will help you with this, I'm going to sleep it's over mid night here

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                        • May 2002
                        • 1.1.x

Change the first box of the Username HTML Markup setting to
                        HTML Code:
                        <span class="registereduser">
                        Then, add this to your additional.css template:
                        HTML Code:
                        .registereduser {
                            color: white;
                        }
                        Add the same to your other styles, changing the color as necessary.

Comment

• Amaury
                          • Mar 2012
                          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Matthew Gordon
                          Change the first box of the Username HTML Markup setting to
                          HTML Code:
                          <span class="registereduser">
                          Then, add this to your additional.css template:
                          HTML Code:
                          .registereduser {
                              color: white;
                          }
                          Add the same to your other styles, changing the color as necessary.
                          Thanks for the assistance. It's always appreciated.
                          Former vBulletin user

Comment

• Merjawy
                            • Sep 2002

Don't forget to close the tag in second box with
                            </span>
                            To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                            My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                            CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                            Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                              • May 2002
                              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Merjawy
                              Don't forget to close the tag in second box with
                              </span>
                              In this case it is already there, but this is still an excellent point.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...