Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

If you look at your server error logs, do you see their emails? It should tell you if there is an error trying to send it to that address.

Take a look at this - http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?...&run=toolpage# - you may not have email set up correctly on your server and it may be getting rejected when sent.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• KurtinSA
      • Aug 2014
      • 4.2.x

Thank you Lynn. These types of things are above my pay grade, but I will definitely pass this on. I saw where there were a number of warnings, one on the mail server. I hope I can get someone to look into these issues. Wish me luck!

Kurt

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

What SMTP server are you using to send these emails? Is it one provided by your host or a 3rd party like Google? A lots of hosts don't always have great email server setups unfortunately. Might be worth trying a place that specializes in email delivery.

Comment

• KurtinSA
          • Aug 2014
          • 4.2.x

I don't have much visibility on these things, sad to say. On the AdminCP > Options > Email Options screen, the SMTP host says "localhost". Sounds like that means it provided as part of our hosting services. I really wish I could see our server logs...

Kurt

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

Yes, if it's localhost it's all the same server, Check out http://mandrill.com - they give free emails if you are sending less than 12,000 emails a month.

Comment

• KurtinSA
              • Aug 2014
              • 4.2.x

As a way of closing this out (hopefully!), I talked with the server host and they monitored their logs. They could see that some emails were being blocked, specifically Comcast and the Microsoft group. As suggested in this thread, they checked further and found that other servers down the line were blacklisting emails emails being sent to these addresses. They're supposed to be working with them to remove the blacklisting. So far I don't have any confirmation of that, but I will try a Reported Post to the moderators as a first check.

I can't believe I've been working on this for this long!! I must have called the server host 8-10 times.

Thanks...Kurt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...