Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GeorgeB
    • Nov 2008

[Forum] classifieds mod

I remember at one point seeing a classifieds ad mod...unfortunately, I cannot seem to find it now.

Does anyone else remember it, or have a link for it?
    George Beale
    www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |
  • acwatts
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Are you looking on vbulletin.org for it. ?

Comment

• CaneInsider
      • Sep 2010
      • 4.0.x

Its called Mary's classifieds on vb.org

Comment

• rornvi
        • May 2012
        • 4.1.x

Below are the classified addons I found using a quick search:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259899 Automotive Parts Classifieds
        http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=260699 Classifieds
        http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=267194 Mary's Classifieds
        http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=135896 SR Classifieds
        Last edited by rornvi; Mon 7 May '12, 10:19am.
        Education Forum

Comment

• mdelcour
          • Jul 2008
          • 3.7.x

rornvi did you even look at the links you posted? The only really good one that I knew of (and used) was from MaryTheG(R)eek aka MicroHellas, the only deal with her work you have to catch it fast, she has always seemed to post her mods and then delete them after a few weeks. Shame too, cause she did good work. I've not found a comparable one in a while.

Comment

• mdelcour
            • Jul 2008
            • 3.7.x

Automotive Parts Classifieds: You have to share the classifieds with other sites, and as stated is only for auto parts (This is a hosted solution and by using this plugin you'll have access to the for sale listings of all the other forums in the network and vice versa. We'll handle any customer service issues that may arise and alleviate you and your team from having to do the same.)

Classifieds (Mark Thread as Sold): This only adds the word "sold" to a thread if your doing it as a classifieds section, not really a classifieds mod.

Mary's Classifieds: Has been in the graveyard for quite some time now.

SR Classifieds: Is for Version 3.6.4, not Vbulletin 4.

Comment

• ChrisTERiS
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by mdelcour
              The only really good one that I knew of (and used) was from MaryTheG(R)eek aka MicroHellas,...
              Last year I got over the rights of Mary's Classifieds. I've improved it a lot (over than 10 upgrades in less than 2 months), and I believe that I gave a good level of support (some users was talking for superior support, but I prefer to say "good"). This mod was 100% free for all. The problem was that there was a special restriction on download. Download and usage was prohibited for Scandinavian websites. Why? There was a client who have paid more than 10,000 Euros for custom modifications, and an additional hight amount for getting exclusive rights for use in Scandinavia. My clients had no problem to give it for free as long as I was keeping the "written agrement". Before releasing it at vB.org I talked about this problem with the Administrators there, and after some days that told me that, "Yes, I can place such restriction".

Unfortunatelly after some months my clients found at least 7 installations in Scandinavian websites. So, I had no other way to keep the agreement that I've signed, other than to remove the addon from vB.org. I also stoped selling the PRO version for the same reason. Currently I'm working in a new version of Classifieds as you can see at:

Thank you
              Chris
              Last edited by ChrisTERiS; Sun 6 May '12, 9:37pm.

Comment

• enthusify
                • Feb 2012

We are currently working on a classifieds mod. We plan to release in about two weeks. http://www.enthusify.com/

Comment

• fwulfers
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 4.2.x

We started with Photopost Classifieds, switched to Mary's/Christeris classifieds and then switched back to Photopost again. PP Classifieds is not the best add-on but it is stable and has been like that for many years. Support is very good and you can count on getting quick answers. There isn't a whole lot of integration with vB and that is a good and bad thing.

I really liked Mary's / Christeris classifieds (that product needs a better name) but support and updates have been erratic at times. I'd rather pay $100 for a stable product with great support than a free add-on that may or may not work in the future.

SaabWorld

Comment

• cloferba
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ChrisTERiS
                    Last year I got over the rights of Mary's Classifieds. I've improved it a lot (over than 10 upgrades in less than 2 months), and I believe that I gave a good level of support (some users was talking for superior support, but I prefer to say "good"). This mod was 100% free for all. The problem was that there was a special restriction on download. Download and usage was prohibited for Scandinavian websites. Why? There was a client who have paid more than 10,000 Euros for custom modifications, and an additional hight amount for getting exclusive rights for use in Scandinavia. My clients had no problem to give it for free as long as I was keeping the "written agrement". Before releasing it at vB.org I talked about this problem with the Administrators there, and after some days that told me that, "Yes, I can place such restriction".

Unfortunatelly after some months my clients found at least 7 installations in Scandinavian websites. So, I had no other way to keep the agreement that I've signed, other than to remove the addon from vB.org. I also stoped selling the PRO version for the same reason. Currently I'm working in a new version of Classifieds as you can see at:

Thank you
                    Chris
                    Can you share more information? I cant see the thread you have linked
                    vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
                    Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

• ChrisTERiS
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by cloferba
                      Can you share more information? I cant see the thread you have linked
                      Sorry, but finally my clients paid for worldwide rights, so I've removed it from sales.

Chris

Comment

• cloferba
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Ho I see, can you share the site url?
                        vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
                        Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

• ChrisTERiS
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by cloferba
                          Ho I see, can you share the site url?
                          Sorry no. Have no authorization for it. Also don't forget that is a custom project, which means that it has just the features that the client wants, working on the way that he wants. Many features that I had in my original script have been removed as useless or they have modified.

Chris

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...