X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness85
    • Sep 2012
    • 4.2.X

Error attachments upload

Hi guys ive moved server now i cant upload any attachments. 500 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error#2038 Ive tried Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options. Set "Asset Manager - Enable" to Yes, Ajax upload by default, folder is permissions 777.

My provider said its a configuration problem and they cant help me
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

First go to your Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type. - are attachments being stored in the file system or the database?

If in the file system make sure the path provided actually exists- If you moved servers it is very likely this path must be changed to match you new server- and I hope you copied your old attachments over when the server was moved.

If in the database then the attachments were copied with the database.

Comment

• madness85
      • Sep 2012
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
      First go to your Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type. - are attachments being stored in the file system or the database?

If in the file system make sure the path provided actually exists- If you moved servers it is very likely this path must be changed to match you new server- and I hope you copied your old attachments over when the server was moved.

If in the database then the attachments were copied with the database.
      attachments are being stored in the file system ./attachment & after testing i can upload attachments but only very small files test upload was like 10KB

Maintenance/diagnostics/Upload

file_uploads: On
      open_basedir: /var/www/vhosts/i-2-1323-VM.local/site1/:/tmp/
      safe_mode: Off
      upload_tmp_dir: None
      upload_max_filesize: 10.00 MB

Results
      No errors occurred while opening the uploaded file for reading.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Can you create an actual attachment in a post that is 10kb or was 10kb from the upload test in diagnostics?

Please try creating an actual post with an actual attachment- increase the size until you find one too big to upload. Obviously your PHP Max Upload size is set to 10MB. How big a file were you trying to upload?

Comment

• madness85
          • Sep 2012
          • 4.2.X

I can create a 10kb attachment in posts & admincp but if I try 136kb it's gives that error in the admincp & posts

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

These server settings may also effect your attachment upload limits - what are they set at?

PHP Settings:
            max_execution_time
            memory_limit
            post_max_size
            upload_max_filesize
            max_input_time

MySQL Settings:
            max_allowed_packet
            wait_timeout

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• madness85
              • Sep 2012
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Lynne
              These server settings may also effect your attachment upload limits - what are they set at?

PHP Settings:
              max_execution_time
              memory_limit
              post_max_size
              upload_max_filesize
              max_input_time

MySQL Settings:
              max_allowed_packet
              wait_timeout
              max_execution_time = 60
              memory_limit = 128M
              post_max_size = 8M
              upload_max_filesize = 10M
              max_input_time
              ; Default Value: -1 (Unlimited)
              ; Development Value: 60 (60 seconds)
              ; Production Value: 60 (60 seconds)

max_allowed_packet=3000M
              cant see wait_timeout in my.cnf

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

You can see your mysql variables under Maintenance > Diagnostics > System Information > MySQL Variables.

Since you have open_basedir in effect on your server, what do you have set for AdminCP > Settings > Options > Server Settings > Safe Mode Enabled and Safe Mode Temporary Directory? And, what do you have set for AdminCP > Settings > Options > Image Settings > Image Processing Library?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...