• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ion Saliu
    • Sep 2010
    • 4.2.X

Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7: Good News for vB

Axiomatic Colleagues of Mine:
    Boy, do I have some good news for you, or what?
    I just upgraded to Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 (64-bit). I surprised how well the upgrade went and how well the browser responded. The good news here is related to vBulletin forum software and two issues that displeased many of us.
    First, that quirk in IE10 and prior that could not work with the Facebook Connect feature of vBulletin. I can see FB works now in my forum (vB 4.2.0):

Now, that dreadful quirk in the post editor and working in Internet Explorer. I know that I couldn’t type a new line or a blank line (for a new paragraph). But I’ve always written my posts in Microsoft Word, then copied and pasted to the CKEditor. Everything worked alright.
    I typed a test post in the new Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7. The post editor does accept line breaks, as you can see in the screenshot. There are some caveats, however. The editor is not responsive. I am not the fastest typist in the world, but the editor can’t keep up with me. It skips characters. I had to come back and type the “swallowed” characters again! Also, my message was posted with a delay. I clicked on Post Quick Reply, but my post wasn’t there. It appeared when I clicked on the thread link.

I’ll try here and see if Publish to Facebook works…
    Best of luck, axiomatix!
    Ion Saliu
    Super Forum Administrator At-Large
    “A good man is an axiomatic man; an axiomatic man is a happy man. Be axiomatic!”

Oh, boy! This vB 5 is cumbersome!!!

• Ion Saliu
    • Sep 2010
    • 4.2.X

~~Sorry for duplication! The appearance was that my thread would NOT be published in IE11.

What da H is that d4ca0aee.json??? I was asked to Open or Save that hellish file!!!

I was unable to Post in IE11 — although I was able to Preview my post.

I can also see that the empty lines that separate paragraphs are swallowed. It includes pasting from Word. ~~The formatting from Word is also lost now. Strange characters are inserted in phront of some lines!

I edited this post and inserted Shift+Enter line breaks...

"Something is rotten in Denmark, Ophelia!”"

Ion Saliu,
    Editor At-Large
    Last edited by Ion Saliu; Fri 8 Nov '13, 12:01pm.

Comment

• Ion Saliu
      • Sep 2010
      • 4.2.X

~~Publish to Facebook did work, including from this awful vB 5. Clearly, Internet Explorer 11 works better with vB 4.2.0 (as my forum is).
      Ion Saliu is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Ion Saliu and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

PS
      Why the heck do these characters appear in my messages???
      ~~~~

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...