Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Semeur
    • Jul 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] The message you have entered is too short. Please extend at least 10 characters

Hello,

Error : I edit a message to correct them, the editor window is empty. I click on the button "go advanced mode", the editing window is still empty. I have the following error message: "The message you have entered is too short. Please extend at least 10 characters. "

(2013-08-20 : I have just seen the disorder is because i try to add "é" in a message or i try to edit a message they which already has a "é" in it. I am French, so it is important that I can add this character. However, i can add a "é" here with the same computer and the same browser.)

How the error occurred : I added the following in a thread post: «Posté ici I tried to edit it and that's where I got my mistake. I passed to one the minimum number of characters per message. I have access to edit the last post, I've edited but then now I could not edit it and I had the same error. I destroyed the message, just added, using the option that allows delete message. But it did not correct the error. I passed to 0 the minimum number of characters per message but the error persist. I have not done anything since.

Background : This error occurs on all the messages I try to edit as well as from different browsers and different computers. The version of vBulletin has this disorder is 4.2.0 Patch Level 2 (French). I switched to version 4.2.1 and the problem persists. Here is the address of my forum: ttp://www.extraitsdediscussions.com/forums/forum.php Initialy, minimum number of characters per message = 10; It is only me who used the forum. To add messages, I use several nickname through the product Change Author And Date 3.0.2. The only other product that is installed is Skimlinks Plugin 4.2.1. I do not even know what this is and I do not recall me to have it installed.

Between the time when the problem occurred and the last time I was able to edit a post, there has been no action on my part to change my forum. It had been several months since I had not tried to add a message in my forum.

I tried the same operation on my test forum (http://www.extraitsdediscussions.com/forums1/forum.php) and I did not have the error because the message dont have the "é". When i try to edit a "é" in the message, i have the error.

Here i read this : "vBulletin 4 is not compatible with PHP 5.4 yet. If you get a chance, please downgrade your PHP do 5.3.x"
    I checked with "Logiciel d'administration" > "Maintenance" > "Voir infos PHP" and the version i have is PHP Version 5.3.22.

Shalom !
    Last edited by Semeur; Tue 20 Aug '13, 7:34am.