Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bubble #5
    • Apr 2005
    • 4.2.X

On my computer it shows as being 3K (see screenshot).

Could someone post a animated avatar that should work so that I could see if that's the issue?

The other avatars that don't work are much less in size but since my computer says 3 and Zach says 61 I don't want to use them for testing purposes.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

and what happens when you save it to your computer?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Bubble #5
        • Apr 2005
        • 4.2.X

It is saved on the computer. The copy I posted here was directly from my desktop. But I think we're getting sidetracked. So far no animated avatar works on the forum, even smaller ones. This one (for example) is around 8K and it won't work either;

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

If you haven't already, lets get a support ticket started, and we'll figure out whats going on.

Comment

• Bubble #5
            • Apr 2005
            • 4.2.X

I traced what was causing the one problem. I removed this hack;

...and the avatar link magically appeared. I will test to see if the animated avatars are working now and will report back.

Comment

• Bubble #5
              • Apr 2005
              • 4.2.X

Yep, the monkey gif is now working also. The hack was a nice idea but if it causes issues elsewhere then it's not worth it.

Quick question. If there is a 20K limit for animated avatars, then why did the forum allow me to install the avatar? Why didn't it block the import when it saw that the file size was too big?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...