X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adeel786
    • Dec 2009

[Forum] Facebook Video Embed Stopped working since yesterday

Hi,

It isn't embedding since yesterday. I checked many other forums and it is the same case. Nothing shows up, just a white space. Can someone kindly help resolve this.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Seems to be working fine here.

Comment

• adeel786
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Zachery
      Seems to be working fine here.

Youtube, Dailymotion, vimeo and metacafe are all working fine. It's only Facebook videos and I'm on VB 4. Kindly check

Comment

• adeel786
        • Dec 2009

2 views, 58 likes, 0 loves, 28 comments, 11 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Jordan Odom Marketing: With all of the recent changes on Facebook, it can be difficult to find videos. This one minute...

Try embedding this video on VB 4. It isn't working anywhere

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Looks like facebook has changed something. The XML file likely just needs to be updated with the new code. I'll see what I can do.

Comment

• adeel786
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Zachery
              Looks like facebook has changed something. The XML file likely just needs to be updated with the new code. I'll see what I can do.
              Thank you. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to see your response.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

You need to update the template bbcode_video in your style manager.

Find the code (near the bottom):

Code:
                <object class="restrain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="576" height="432" data="//www.facebook.com/v/{vb:raw code}">
                <param name="movie" value="//www.facebook.com/v/{vb:raw code}" />
                <param name="wmode" value="{vb:raw wmode}" />
                <!--[if IE 6]>
                <embed width="576" height="432" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="//www.facebook.com/v/{vb:raw code}" />
                <![endif]--></object>
                replace it with

Code:
                <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id={vb:raw code}" width="720" height="450" frameborder="0"></iframe>
                You can make the width and height smaller if you feel that is too big for your forum.

Save the template changes and it should work again.

I'll enter it into JIRA for VB4 and VB5.

Comment

• adeel786
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Joe D.
                  You need to update the template bbcode_video in your style manager. Find the code (near the bottom):
                  Code:
                   <object class="restrain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="576" height="432" data="//www.facebook.com/v/{vb:raw code}"> <param name="movie" value="//www.facebook.com/v/{vb:raw code}" /> <param name="wmode" value="{vb:raw wmode}" /> <!--[if IE 6]> <embed width="576" height="432" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="//www.facebook.com/v/{vb:raw code}" /> <![endif]--></object>
                  replace it with
                  Code:
                   <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id={vb:raw code}" width="720" height="450" frameborder="0"></iframe>
                  You can make the width and height smaller if you feel that is too big for your forum. Save the template changes and it should work again. I'll enter it into JIRA for VB4 and VB5.
                  it didn't work for me. Did you test it on a forum?

Comment

• Hartmut
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 4.2.x

Did you change the template of the style you are using?
                    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• adeel786
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Hartmut
                      Did you change the template of the style you are using?

yes,of course I did. Still its showing the white blank space like it is showing above in this thread(post #5)

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by adeel786
                        You need to update the template bbcode_video in your style manager. Find the code (near the bottom):
                        Code:
                         <object class="restrain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="576" height="432" data="//www.facebook.com/v/{vb:raw code}"> <param name="movie" value="//www.facebook.com/v/{vb:raw code}" /> <param name="wmode" value="{vb:raw wmode}" /> <!--[if IE 6]> <embed width="576" height="432" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="//www.facebook.com/v/{vb:raw code}" /> <![endif]--></object>
                        replace it with
                        Code:
                        You can make the width and height smaller if you feel that is too big for your forum. Save the template changes and it should work again. I'll enter it into JIRA for VB4 and VB5.
                        Yes, I tested it on 2 forums in fact. Do you use any type of caching system- you may have to refresh/reset the cache. Make a new post with the video to really be sure.

Comment

• adeel786
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by adeel786
                          Code:
                          replace it with
                          Code:
                          Yes, I tested it on 2 forums in fact. Do you use any type of caching system- you may have to refresh/reset the cache. Make a new post with the video to really be sure.

Thanks Very much. That was indeed the case.

Comment