X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nagz
    • Mar 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] about reputation point

well, i have a problem with the reputation point... As far as i know, every reputation level was represented by one green box (ex: User is on a distinguished road has one green box for example, and User will become famous soon enough will have 2 green box, and so on). But in my case, every reputation level that my member achieved didn't increased their green box. For exmple, if my member already achieved User will become famous soon enough, they just only still have one green box, even though they deserved 2 green box. Am i missing somethg here? I need an answer, thx
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You get a box for every 100 reputation points. That does not necessarily correspond to the different levels you set up in your reputation manager.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Nagz
      • Mar 2011
      • 4.1.x

oh, ok.. so you mean that we will get another green box after we have 100 reputation point not by the rep. level that we achieved? well, i guess that solve my question.. because i've changed the minimum reputation level settings... actually i want my member get another green box after they got every 50 rep point.. is there no way i can do that?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

You may modify the actual php file to do it after every 50 points. SEe the file /includes/functions_reputation.php and you should find the code.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Nagz
          • Mar 2011
          • 4.1.x

ok, thanks for your answer lynne.. i will try it later.. Gbu

Comment

• Fergal
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Lynne
            You may modify the actual php file to do it after every 50 points. SEe the file /includes/functions_reputation.php and you should find the code.
            I found this code in that file:
            $reputationbars = intval($reputation_value / 100); // award 1 reputation bar for every 100 points
            if ($reputationbars > 10)$reputationbars = intval($reputation_value / 100); // award 1 reputation bar for every 100 points
            if ($reputationbars > 10)
            If I change that 100 to 50 as in
            $reputationbars = intval($reputation_value / 50); // award 1 reputation bar for every 100 points
            if ($reputationbars > 10)$reputationbars = intval($reputation_value / 100); // award 1 reputation bar for every 100 points
            if ($reputationbars > 10)
            Will members get an extra green bar for every 50 points of rep they receive?
            Fergal Crawley
            Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Try it on your test site and see. (The code in my file looks different than what you quoted.)

Comment

• Fergal
                • Dec 2004

Thanks Lynne!
                Fergal Crawley
                Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Comment

• cbiweb
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 4.1.x

I've tried Fergal's suggested fix but I see no changes in the number of green bars between the test site and the live site. Any idea why? I did run Rebuild User Reputation, in case you wonder.

Originally posted by Lynne
                  Try it on your test site and see. (The code in my file looks different than what you quoted.)
                  What does your code look like? We're using 4.1.3, would it have changed?
                  ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by cbiweb
                    What does your code look like? We're using 4.1.3, would it have changed?
                    Post 6 says the code looks like this:
                    PHP Code:
                    $reputationbars intval($reputation_value 100); // award 1 reputation bar for every 100 points
                    if ($reputationbars 10)$reputationbars intval($reputation_value 100); // award 1 reputation bar for every 100 points
                    if ($reputationbars 10
                    In my file it just looks like this:
                    PHP Code:
                     $reputationbars intval($reputation_value 100); // award 1 reputation bar for every 100 points

if ($reputationbars 10
                    I changed it to this and it worked:
                    PHP Code:
                     $reputationbars intval($reputation_value 50); // award 1 reputation bar for every 100 points
                    if ($reputationbars 10
                    Of course, you may want to change the number of rep bars allowed and what it takes to get a bright green one also.

Comment

• Paul M
                      Former Lead Developer
                      vB.Com & vB.Org
                      • Sep 2004

or you could just use this ....

Among other things you can change the values used by the green pips.
                      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...