X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Booth
    • Jan 2005
    • 4.2.X

[CMS] "What's New?" doesn't display vm's, comments, cms articles or blogs

When searching it appears that searches pick up visitor messages, none-forum user comments, articles and blogs. However, when clicking "What's New?" it only seems to show forum threads and posts.

Is there any way to make it so that "What's New?" brings in everything that is new. Seems a bit strange that it doesn't function this way.

Especially when searching does.
    Pleased Sheep Films - Independent Filmmakers
    Blackburn Web - an online community for Blackburn in Lancashire (thanks to Mark B for the tips)
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Not by default, however Andreas has a mod on vbulletin.org that will do this.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Booth
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.2.X

Nice, thanks for the heads up on that Mark. I'm at work and for some reason vbulletin.org is blocked as being a "chat site". Will install when I get home this evening.
      Pleased Sheep Films - Independent Filmmakers
      Blackburn Web - an online community for Blackburn in Lancashire (thanks to Mark B for the tips)

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Booth
        Nice, thanks for the heads up on that Mark. I'm at work and for some reason vbulletin.org is blocked as being a "chat site". Will install when I get home this evening.
        Bear in mind I had some difficulty with it showing "zero results". This is actually due to the option it puts in the UserCP to specify content types. Each time you save the usercp (even for anything unrelated) it blanks out all the options, that's the cause.

My fix was to comment out that part (think I may have deactivated one plugin to do it actually). That fixed the problem. You'll see people complain about it in the thread, but that's the issue.

It's running on my site at the moment, however you won't really notice as nobody ever uses my blogs anyway!
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Anders P
          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Mark.B
          Not by default, however Andreas has a mod on vbulletin.org that will do this.
          I've just tested it a little bit, but it seems you won't get new blog comments, other than that it seems to be ok.

But this need to be a default function, so that when searching for what is new you get a page that groups the different new content types in some nice lists that can be expanded.
          Is there any request for this in the tracker?
          I've tried to look but are not that good with searching in Jira.
          Anders Pettersson
          Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
          If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
          Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...