X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yarik
    • Dec 2009

[CMS] FaceBook Like Box as a Widget

hello
    i am traying to make a Like Box from face book as a widget at my web site (www.fmsas.org) by using this code :
    <iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?profile_id=189546965717&amp;width=226&amp;height=295&amp;connections=6&amp;str eam=false&amp;header=false" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:226px; height:295px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
    but for some reason it does not work can any one help me?

thanks
    Yaron G
  • Edwin Brown
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2009
    • 5.5.x

If you paste that link into a browser you'll see that facebook is not finding the page. I don't know much about facebook but I think your profile_id is invalid.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• Yarik
      • Dec 2009

i want to use one of this pages:

or

so you can see the id but non of them work :-(

Comment

• Removed-836727
        Banned by User Request
        • Apr 2006

yea, thx for the iframe idea.
        maybe i could use this for a chat^^
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Forums - The Front Page_1273083998455.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	3679132

Comment

• Edwin Brown
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2009
          • 5.5.x

I said at the start I haven't worked with facebook. But just to show that it's not a widget issue, try with this code:

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=189546965717&ref=ts" style="width:226px;height:295px;overflow:auto"></iframe>

If you put in above or below the main content you can make it a lot bigger so it's more usable. You might also post on vbulletin.org. That's where the modders live.
          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• Yarik
            • Dec 2009

ok got it working the idiots on FB wrote the wrong code dont know how i did not see it before :-(
            they wrote: profile_id=XXXX but its not a profile so if you delete the "profile" and stay with id=XXXX than it works perfect :-)

this is the corect code to use (you need to change the XXXXXXXX to the page id):

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?id=XXXXXXXXXXXX&amp;width=223&amp;height=295&amp;connections=6&amp;stream=fals e&amp;header=false" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:223px; height:295px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
            you can see an example at my site :-)
            Last edited by Yarik; Wed 5 May '10, 1:42pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...