How to make 'Search Single Content Type' the default tab on Advanced Search page?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brute
    • Dec 2009

[Forum] How to make 'Search Single Content Type' the default tab on Advanced Search page?

How can I make the 'Search Single Content Type' the default tab on Advanced Search page?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Modify the navbar template and add "?search_type=1" to the end of the search.php url.

HTML Code:
    <li><a href="search.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}?search_type=1" accesskey="4">{vb:rawphrase advanced_search}</a></li>

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• baghdad4ever
      • Apr 2007
      • 4.1.x

thanks lynne

Comment

• Brute
        • Dec 2009

Thanks a lot Lynne

Comment

• trevanh
          • Dec 2007
          • 3.6.x

Thanks Lynne, This helps a ton!

What template do I edit to make this same change to the search link on the search results window? It appears next to the Home icon (area of the crumb trail).

See this page for an example:

Thanks,

Trevan

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

To find the template to modify, do this - vboptions > General Settings > Add Template Name in HTML Comments > set to Yes . Then go back to your page and view the source code and you will see the name of the template called around your part of the code. (Sometimes the template is the one mentioned at the very top of the page source.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• vbsm
              • Dec 2011

Just did this trick, and it worked great! Now when we use the simple search box, it actually finds results. And when you use advanced search, it defaults to the single-search-type, which gets results and lets you show results as threads.

Comment