Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Gismo Man
    • Apr 2008

Uploading Tables

So, a server crash resulted in wiping out my online database backup, yet another lesson learned.

I was able to extract the datbase tables from the root of my server.
    On a fresh install of VB4 is there any way to upload the extracted tables to restore my forums back to the way it was?

I've tried simply deleting the fresh install tables and uploading the recovered ones, but, there was absolutely no change in the forum, just the basic fresh install

Any ideas or am i starting from scratch again?
    https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher
  • kh99
    • Aug 2009

When you say you extracted the tables, what do you mean? What format are they in?

Comment

• The Gismo Man
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by kh99
      When you say you extracted the tables, what do you mean? What format are they in?
      With file extensions = *.frm - *.MYD and *.MYI
      Perhaps these are not tables, but, for example the first file name = access.frm

I'm not holding much hope of a salvage here, just waiting on folks ideas before resorting to a fresh install and new site, not my preferred option
      https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

• kh99
        • Aug 2009

I think those are the table data, as you suspected. I think you should just be able to copy them to the directory where mysql keeps them, but you might have to restart mysql to see the effect.

Comment

• The Gismo Man
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by kh99
          I think those are the table data, as you suspected. I think you should just be able to copy them to the directory where mysql keeps them, but you might have to restart mysql to see the effect.
          Yep, did exactly that and i cannot log into the adminCP panel, ah well..............new site time

Comment

• kh99
            • Aug 2009

Well, don't give up just because I don't have the answer. It sounds to me like you might have all the data from your site if you can work out the details, and I'm far from being a mysql expert.

You can't log in to the admincp why, because it tells you the username/password is wrong? If you use something like phpMyAdmin to look at the database, is your user in the user table?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Can you register a new user? If so, then use tools.php to give that one Admin access and re-enter the password for the original user in AdminCP if you can log in with that one.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment