Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paintpig
    • Aug 2012

Applying patches to 4.2.2 before install

OK, I have nuke my site from orbit in an attempt to kill all the alien spammers and I need to re-install 4.2.2. Now apart from having to relearn how to install, work filezilla and a myriad of other things I barely learned first time round let alone remember I'm wondering can the patches be applied/swapped out to the appropriate vbulletin folders or what have you before I upload them to my hosting thing (please note my technical jargon).

Part 2. I'm thinking about creating a sub domain in which to upload vbulletin too, is there anything I must do differently regarding creating the database, folders, filling in the bits with the text editor and stuff in general?

Part 3. I'm looking for good clear simple instructional youtubes and/or guides for everything. I was able to upload vbulletin successfully the first time around (few years ago now) by taking my time and re-watching vids and re-reading guides. Nowadays there seems to be a flood of vids out there and the sheer volume of them is doing my head in let alone the mumbling and fumbling of some I have watched

thanks
  • paintpig
    • Aug 2012

Part 1 fixed I have downloaded 4.2.2 pl4, so just parts 2 & 3.... cooking with gas

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

I think you worked this out already, but you dont need to apply any patches, just download 4.2.2 PL4, it already has all the patches.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...