Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kurt@triffetdesi
    • Mar 2008

3.81 to 4.2.2 upgrade stalling

It seems stalled at 41%. No error message and internet connection is strong.
  • AliMadkour
    • Dec 2004
    • 6.X

Which step ? you can try to refresh the upgrade page

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• kurt@triffetdesi
      • Mar 2008

• Upgrading to 4.0.0 Release Candidate 4
      • Step 1 - Altering postparsed Table (1 of 1)
      It's still going hours later. Wanted to make sure I could refresh at this point without screwing up everything.
      Trying the install again. It's allowing me, so fingers crossed.

Comment

• kurt@triffetdesi
        • Mar 2008

The install is now going fast and smooth :-)

Comment

• kurt@triffetdesi
          • Mar 2008

Now I have this. I see a lot of threads on it, why never fixed?

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in..../includes/functions.php on line 4918

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in..../includes/functions.php on line 5110

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in..../includes/functions.php on line 5110

Comment

• Pogo
            Pogo commented
            Editing a comment
            Show this warning to your host and let him configure PHP (date.timezone setting) correctly.
        • Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Please follow the instructions in this specific post: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...66#post4000466
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• kurt@triffetdesi
            • Mar 2008

Adding the below code to config.php does not work or make any difference. Still locked out of admin. PHP Code:
            define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);

Comment

• donald1234
              • Oct 2011
              • 4.1.x

Do you have 3.8 plugins installed?

Comment

• kurt@triffetdesi
                • Mar 2008

Doesn't the upgrade override them? Only Tapatalk. Installation notes made no mention of having to remove them first. To make matters worse, this problem locks me out of admin to do anything. Removing the Mobiquo folder to see if that makes the program work.

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Hello,
                  As of vBulletin 4.2.2 we’ve stopped suppressing notices and warnings. This is a change from all previous versions of the software.
                  In some environments more notices/warnings show than in others. In order to address the issue you just need to add the following line to your config.php file
                  define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);
                  You can see additional information about this change here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-been-released

Comment

• kurt@triffetdesi
                    kurt@triffetdesi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Zachery, that solution does not work.
                • kurt@triffetdesi
                  • Mar 2008

Well, that made no difference. Now have about 30 time zone error messages filling the page and forum down for a day now.

Comment

• donald1234
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 4.1.x

Try disabling mods globally by adding this line to config.php under <?php

Code:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Comment

• kurt@triffetdesi
                      • Mar 2008

Made no difference. No response from support ticket either.

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

The date issue means PHP isn't configured correctly. Our lines should disable the notices from bubbling up. However if it persists you need to get in touch with your webhost so they can properly fix the issue.

Comment

• kurt@triffetdesi
                          • Mar 2008

Your lines do not work in my situation.

Support is lagging from all ends on this situation - dismayed that I should even have issues with a simple upgrade - there should have been warnings that issues could arise - I never would have done this had I known. Forum will now be down for who knows how long. :-(

Comment