X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Forbidden and Not acceptable errors?

My users and myself are having issues with blank pages, forbidden and not acceptable errors, what can I do?

There is a very good chance your host has installed a add-on for apache called mod_security.
    ModSecurityTM is an open source intrusion detection and prevention engine for web applications (or a web application firewall). Operating as an Apache Web server module or standalone, the purpose of ModSecurity is to increase web application security, protecting web applications from known and unknown attacks.
    While mod_security can be a very powerful tool, misconfigured or overly strict rule sets can interfere with vBulletins Operation. Below for Apache users you can use an htaccess file and add a specific rule to disable mod_security.

Make or edit your forum .htaccess file and add the following code
    Code:
    <IfModule mod_security.c>
       SecFilterEngine Off
       SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </IfModule>
    Note, place this file in your main forum directory.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Note: If your server is running mod_security2 then this cannot be overridden by .htaccess. However by adding this line to the modsec2 whitelist configuration will likely fix any problems related to the Admin CP:

SecRule REQUEST_URI "/admincp" phase:1,nolog,allow,ctl:ruleEngine=Off

You may need to change "/admincp" to the appropriate directory location of your admincp or modcp directories. Also you will have to have root access to the sever to do this. If you do not have root access, then ask your host to do this for you.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...