• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

vB3 PHP7 Testing

We are currently working on updating vB3 for better PHP 7 compatability.

As there is no official QA resource available for vB3, we are looking for anyone who is interested in running the code to iron out any issues that may have crept in.
    Note that this is to test versions prior to the Alpha releases, which will probably be later in the summer.

I would ideally like them to run in a real situation, not on test sites.
    If you are running php 7, or would like to run php 7 and would be interested, please drop me a PM.

You will need to have a current vB4 licence or an active vB3 licence - if necessary I will update the vB3 licence to allow access.

Technically these test versions will install as 3.8.10 Beta 1, but with modified code.
    If you decide you want to revert, you can download the regular version and replace the modified version.

Please note that while I will be dealing with bugs here, it will only be bugs caused by the updates, or due to PHP 7 compatability issues.

All bugs will need to be logged in the vB3 project in Jira.

Please also bear in mind that if you have a lot of modifications installed, they may not work well on php 7, there is nothing we can do about that.

Thanks.
    Baby, I was born this way
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...