Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ravenscape
    • Mar 2008

Database Errors

We've had a stable installation of vbulletin 3.8 for a long time. On Monday, the forum started throwing database error messages. The database itself can still be accessed via phpmyadmin.

We aren't getting the actual database error number in the error messages. I'm trying to figure out how I can get vbulletin to provide more meaningful errors but without access to the admin panel I'm stymied.

What can you suggest? Is there a table attribute I can modify to force the full error messages to be logged somewhere?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

If you "view source" in your web browser you should see the database error in the HTML source at the bottom of the page on VB 3.x.

If it's the forum I found in your license the error is:

Code:
    MySQL Error   : Table './[redacted]/user' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
    Means your user table is crashed.

In phpmyadmin on the main page of your database, where all tables are listed, check the box for the user table, then at the bottom, from the operations dropdown, choose "Repair Table"

You may need to run Repair several times until you get a status of OK.

Then try to view the forum again. There may be additional crashed tables.

Tables usually crash when disk space is low or the server was physically powered off while the database was in use. However it may happen randomly from time to time. If it happens again there is something wrong with your database server.

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

You should also have the technical e-mail in your config.php set to your e-mail, so all DB errors get e-mailed to you.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• ravenscape
        • Mar 2008

Thanks so much for the info!

I found the user table problem this morning for other reasons, so hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...