Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IggyP
    • Mar 2012

whats the vb 3.8.x license situation?

hello, im working on helping to upgrade a 3.7 forum to 3.8.9...i am told he can only see downloading for up to 3.8.2?

whats the policy here? is something being overlooked?

i thought it seemed odd that all versions of 3.x would not be available...esp because it says you can in the member area, and even more so because if that IS the case, 3.8.x appears to not available for singular purchase....forcing a $vb4$ purchase that isnt wanted...just to upgrade from 3.8.2 to 3.8.9?

we are overlooking something right?

• Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

I have no idea why you are not seeing the highest version of vBulletin 3 available but I can say that it's very doubtful you'd need to purchase a new subscription in order to get it.

If that was the case, he would have to actually purchase vbulletin 5 as even vb4 subscriptions are not sold by themselves anymore.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• IggyP
      IggyP commented
      Editing a comment
      i think they are, but in the addon section...and its like same price or 50$ less or something if i recall...ya im confused...im suspecting it has something to do with when things changed to lifetime licenses but its still seem odd to have this be a problem so im trying to be sure
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Sounds like it's an old vB3 license. These only gave access to the version that was current at the time the license expired. After that point, you can continue to run the software, but if you want any newer versions you have to renew the license. These days we no longer sell that type of license, so the best option now would be to upgrade to a vB4 license ($150) which is only available to holders of expired vB3 licenses. It will give you access to the latest versions of either vB4 or vB3, though you can only run one instance of vBulletin per license, regardless of version.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...