X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crossbow
    • Feb 2011
    • 4.1.x

Waste of breath
    Last edited by Crossbow; Wed 21 Jan '15, 3:08pm.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

So you're telling me it doesn't look correct on a fresh installation of the software?
      Several things:
      1. I've started a ticket in the members area for you, please respond to it ASAP so we can make some progress.
      2. The support forums are community based support. The support staff strive to do their best to cover the forums and help resolve issues, but we are not always able to on the forums. We will escalate your issues when required to a support ticket.
      3. The photo you linked in the original post, is a custom style, with third party addons running, our first steps are to disable them, and figure out if its happening in the COMPLETELY default style. I don't know of any vendor that will attempt to provide any high levels of support for a very customization installation without a very hefty fee, assuming they even do.

Comment

• Crossbow
        • Feb 2011
        • 4.1.x

Yes the screen shot was from our bought skin but the same problem was in the default skin as well. Default skin was never touched or coded at all. We gave up on getting support after a week of searching for a cure then two days asking for help here. Our site had to go live on a new server with a brand new install of 3.8.8. even though the config.php file showing 4.2.2 for some odd reason anyway we will just have to live with the IE problem for now as the default style was coded and mod today so we could move on. We just flat ran out of time with the old site closing down we had to go live with the new one. If I had known there was a problem with IE in the full 3.8.8 I would have went back to 3.6 and worked my way up to the 3.8 like we had done over time on the old site which had none of these problems that this new full 3.8.8 has. Yeah I know its never a VB problem but do a google search and you will find thousands that say they had problems with new full 3.8.8 . My bad in trusting the new was the way to go with out researching first. Live and learn!! One way or another I will find the cure to fix this!! Whats a few more sleepless nights and over worked days?

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

I'm more than happy to look into the issue, and try to resolve it, but I'm going to need you to follow up with the ticket.

Comment

• Crossbow
            • Feb 2011
            • 4.1.x

Done and Thank You...

Comment

• Crossbow
              • Feb 2011
              • 4.1.x

I want to personally thank Mr. Zachery for finding this problem we had in the full 3.8.8 and giving me the fix to to cure it.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

For anyone else curious, it was a display issue with their custom images

Comment

• Crossbow
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 4.1.x

So we thought anyway but we took those images off and reset the code to normal and the problem came back. We added the code back to get on past that problem and added our images back. Something every fishy with this 3.8.8 as Shawn came on to see what the problem is with the custom coding for his mod and for the life of him he can not figure the problem out. He has now backed me up in saying something is haywire in this 3.8.8 so at least now I know I am not crazy!! Will post the cure once we figure this out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...