X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eJM
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.8.x

Help with a special query

I screwed up a usergroup promotion today. Since the beginning of my site, I have had a custom profile field (Single-Selection Radio Button) that new members select when they register. In conjunction with that, those members who are working as a pro in my niche must add details to their profile. This is how I determine if they get placed in the Pro usergroup. I have always used the primary usergroup drop-down in the member account to do that.

Recently, I thought it would be better if all members (except for staff) belong to the Registered Users group and make the Pro usergroup a secondary group. I created a promotion based on Join Date and used the Promotion Type Primary Usergroup to put all Pros into the Registered group. I didn't realize this would remove them from the Pro group, which has more privileges and access to Pros only forums that are private and inaccessible to everyone else.

That was a huge mistake. I can't see where there is a way to reverse that. I would have to edit thousands if user accounts to add all my pro members to the Pro usergroup. In addition, adding members to the secondary usergroup Pro, doesn't automatically inherit the Pro usergroup title and name markup that helps our other members see who is actually a Pro on my site. Pro members have to manually select that option in their own UserCP.

I hope there is a query that can be used that will help me recover from this big blunder. I would like to change all members in the primary Registered Users group who have also selected the name="userfield[field11]" value="2" profile option to the primary id:9 (a Floor Pro) usergroup. Is that possible? Can you provide me with the text for this query so I can run it in my ACP (vB 3.8.x)?

Thank you so much, if you can help me with this.

Jim
    If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
    www.TheFloorPro.com
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

You'd be better taking the time to update them manually. Any query to do that would be pretty complex, and there'd be no guarantees it wouldn't mess up other stuff. Get it wrong and there's no way back other than restoring from backup.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• eJM
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.8.x

Sorry you couldn't help. Someone else did.
      If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
      www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...