X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • medicalforums
    • Jul 2009
    • 5.1.x

My website is redirected to myfilestore.com

I have been searching vBulletin and vbSEO forums and other forums for a fix to this issue and I could not find a solution yet.

My website is being redirected to myfilestore.com

I changed the YUI to Google and that did not solve the issue

Can anybody please help me with "simple language" on how to fix this issue

My traffic has been devastated by this hack

Please help
  • richpal
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

Sorry to hear you have been hit by this exploit which has affected a great many forum owners, there is actually a thread already opened on this containing much of the info you require.

Here's the link: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...yFileStore-com

Comment

• medicalforums
      • Jul 2009
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by richpal
      Sorry to hear you have been hit by this exploit which has affected a great many forum owners, there is actually a thread already opened on this containing much of the info you require.

Here's the link: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...yFileStore-com
      Thank you for the reply but that thread and several other threads did not solve my problem, that's why I thought to start a new thread to see maybe if there are new solutions.

Comment

• medicalforums
        • Jul 2009
        • 5.1.x

Frustrated

Also I opened a Ticket with vBulletin staff and they clearly have no idea on what's going on with this exploit.

All what they concentrated on is that the website has been hacked and it has to roll over to a time before the problem, they provided no insights on how it was hacked or what was hacked or what vulnerabilities to be addressed. They just pointed me to previous threads on how to protect vb from hacking.

I double checked the admincp admin and moderator logs, I double checked access_logs, and I even spent 3 hours with the hosting company trying to find out if there was any intrusion and there is no evidence at all that there was a hack or any changes in the last 48 hours (which the time since this problem started).

I know that my forum is old, vb 3.8.3, but what I gathered to know that even new versions are affected.

I disabled the vbSEO plugin and that did not solve the problem.

I followed the instruction on how to switch to Google YUI and that did not solve the problem.

My Google Analytics is showing there's a sharp drop in the percentage of "New" users, this is because the redirect happens only for first time visitors, if you previously clicked on the Google (or any other major search engine) search results link, you won't be redirected. Also all links from Facebook and Twitter are working fine, it's just the search engine search results that being redirected.

Comment

• Loco.M
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.5.x

I would ask in this thread

the OP is very knowledgeable about this topic
          I followed his steps that he posted on another site and it's closed up several sites that were being affected.
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• PEBF
            • Aug 2011

We are having the same issue. Using 4.1.8 PL2 and vBSEO 3.6.0.

Comment

• donald1234
              • Oct 2011
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by PEBF
              We are having the same issue. Using 4.1.8 PL2 and vBSEO 3.6.0.
              You should upgrade to the latest version (4.1.12)

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Not trying to be funny, but there are no known exploits for vBulletin at this time, no forums that have been attacked have been without addons, and there generally have other software also running on the site. vBulletin can be a target, even if the exploit used wasn't for vBulletin. Once a hacker has acces to your file system/shell/mysql they're free to do what they want to your site.

Comment

• jupiter5
                  • Oct 2007

I have noticed today same redirection problem I have.
                  Last edited by jupiter5; Sun 6 May '12, 11:33am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...