X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • levron
    • Jun 2011
    • 3.8.x

500 Internal server error nginx

I recently was having a database problem when people went to my website, which was caused by the /tmp folder to not have enough space in it.

And now when i try to login to my forums i get this error message:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DdCCjc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	3722907

Anyone have any idea?
    Thanks.
  • Stallyon
    • Mar 2005
    • 4.2.X

Your /tmp should have around a 500MB or > partition size, as a general rule. Any idea what yours is? Are you on a shared server?
    A computer without Microsoft Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
    vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

• levron
      • Jun 2011
      • 3.8.x

My host just cleared my tmp folder, my whole website wasn't loading before it was cleared.

But i was getting this error while my website wasn't loading either, because i could access www.mysite.com/forums

Comment

• Stallyon
        • Mar 2005
        • 4.2.X

What changed that caused this internal server error? Was it sudden, or did you add/remove an add-on/hack? I would highly recommend doing a backup of your database now.
        vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

• levron
          • Jun 2011
          • 3.8.x

I didn't change anything, it just came when my tmp folder had no space left and i couldn't access my site.

But now i can access my site but i can't login to the forums

Comment

• Stallyon
            • Mar 2005
            • 4.2.X

It sounds like this might be an issue you need to take up with your host. I'd say open a support ticket with them if nothing else has changed with vBulletin itself.

Comment

• levron
              • Jun 2011
              • 3.8.x

I'd like to see if it is a vBulletin issue before i go contacting them again.

Comment

• Stallyon
                • Mar 2005
                • 4.2.X

Well, if you haven't changed anything at all on your vBulletin lately, including upgrades, add/removing hacks, add-ons or templates, changing any settings in the vB admin panel or removed/moved anything related to vBulletin, then I would say it's not an error with vBulletin. The only other thing I would suggest you check is to see if there's any additional files that might be there (malware) by comparing the contents of the original /upload folder in the ZIP downloaded from vBulletin.com with the forum folder on the server to make sure there's nothing suspect there since you obviously can't access your vB admin control panel.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Check your server's error logs - Internal Server Errors should always write an entry to there.
                  Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment