Clear All
  • Pope Viper
    • Mar 2006

Worked for me, thanks a lot guys!

Comment

• boggseric
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

Why under forum tools is the code different in my style than what is posted in the fix here?

I have reverted, created a new default style etc and the option to mark this forum as read under the forum tools drop down refuses to work properly.

Code:
      <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a>
      That marks then entire site as read. Isn't the dropdown under forum tools only supposed to mark the current forum as read? The old code looked like this:

Code:
      <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow" onclick="return mark_forum_read($foruminfo[forumid]);">$vbphrase[mark_this_forum_read]</a>
      and I tried changing it to this but it didn't work..

Code:
      <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]&amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow" onclick="return mark_forum_read($foruminfo[forumid]);">$vbphrase[mark_this_forum_read]</a>
      Am I the only one that see's a problem with this?

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
        • Sep 2009
        • 3.8.x

The code in a specific forum to mark as read doesn't need a hash iirc. Only if you are marking the whole forum (as in, every forum on your site) as read.
        That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Barteh_
          • Aug 2006
          • 4.0.x

Seems to require a hash anyway. I used to have one forum I'd mark as read right away, and no hash in 3.8.5 means an 'invalid security token' error. Unless the syntax has changed?

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
            • Sep 2009
            • 3.8.x

I'm not sure. Since I managed to mark a certain forum read inside the forum without the hash there.
            The syntax definitely has NOT changed.

If there are other locations of Mark Forums read not working, please let me know and I can update the original post.
            That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Barteh_
              • Aug 2006
              • 4.0.x

Shouldn't be posting from memory really... it's the other way around

No hash required for individual forums, but addding the old ?do=markread to the URL doesn't do anything anymore.

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                • Sep 2009
                • 3.8.x

You should remove the ?do=markread because that works with the hash.
                The individual mark read script is hashless, so don't add a hash there.

Comment

• Barteh_
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 4.0.x

Oddly enough the link for an individual forum is just forumdisplay.php?f=6# , which on its own of course doesn't do anything. Thought I'd solve that by returning ?do=markread to the url, which doesn't result in that forum being marked as read anymore (instead, it just returns you to the forum view you were on).
                  What would a bookmarked hashless link that marks a single forum read, look like in 3.8.5?

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 3.8.x

no idea

Comment

• boggseric
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
                      The code in a specific forum to mark as read doesn't need a hash iirc. Only if you are marking the whole forum (as in, every forum on your site) as read.
                      Originally posted by Barteh_
                      Seems to require a hash anyway. I used to have one forum I'd mark as read right away, and no hash in 3.8.5 means an 'invalid security token' error. Unless the syntax has changed?
                      I'm not sure. Since I managed to mark a certain forum read inside the forum without the hash there.
                      The syntax definitely has NOT changed.

If there are other locations of Mark Forums read not working, please let me know and I can update the original post.
                      Well it's definitely not working on my forum. Feel free to stop by and try it.. http://www.ls2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

this is what I currently have up.
                      Code:
                      <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid]&amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" rel="nofollow" onclick="return mark_forum_read($foruminfo[forumid]);">$vbphrase[mark_this_forum_read]</a>

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Sorry, but I am unable to figure out why security tokens don't work in your forumdisplay. Since I have no hash on my mark read script for forumdisplay and it works fine.

Comment

• boggseric
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Paul M
                          If they are not allowing javascript/ajax then it can fail in a couple of places - see the original bug report.
                          Link to bug report?

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 3.8.x

Search the tracker for reports made by me. One named Security Token error is the one

Comment

• boggseric
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 3.8.x

Search the tracker for reports made by me. One named Security Token error is the one
                              Well just to let you guys know I opened a ticket for this and they said it was one of my mods that was causing the problem. I am sure this is not the case since I downloaded a fresh copy of 3.8.5 and installed it into a brand new database, set disable all ajax and it gave me the same error. No mods, no nothing.

Comment

• Paul M
                                Former Lead Developer
                                vB.Com & vB.Org
                                • Sep 2004

Disabling ajax will give you a security token error in some cases - thats a known bug in 3.8.5
                                Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...