Clear All
  • sahareto
    • Nov 2008

is that necessary to use "base64_decode" function

is that necessary to use "base64_decode" function
    becouse I want to but it in php.ini disable_function

and this function found on this file

PHP Code:
    attachment.php:290:             $filedata base64_decode('R0lGODlhAQABAIAAAMDAwAAAACH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==');
    cron.php:44:$filedata base64_decode('R0lGODlhAQABAIAAAMDAwAAAACH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==');
    includes/functions.php:2244:            return ($decode base64_decode($return) : $return); 
    and when I disable this function its give me base64_decode is disable for security reason

I want to disable this function because some shell file decode them files to base64
    my vbulletin version 3.8.4 patch level 1
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

That is not default vbulletin. If you download the files from the vb.com download area and look at them, those lines are not in there. It looks like they have been added to your files.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• SecondV
      • May 2006
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      That is not default vbulletin. If you download the files from the vb.com download area and look at them, those lines are not in there. It looks like they have been added to your files.
      Actually it is part of default vbulletin.

cron.php uses base64_decode to show a blank gif file, as does attachment.php
      Regards,
      Eric Sizemore

My modifications

Comment

• sahareto
        • Nov 2008

yes its based on the vb files from ago
        and really disable this function is very important to prevent some hacker methods
        and I want to know, can vb developer discuss this and how its important to use this function in cron and attachment
        and can the developer replace this function can be safe better ?
        and thanks for advice

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Ah, good to know (I suppose ) I guess I just never noticed that being used in the vb code. Whenever I've seen it discussed, it's been a hacker using it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...