Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SOnline2
    • Jun 2008

3.8.4 Scripting Error in VB.NET WebBrowser Control

After upgrading from 3.8.3 to 3.8.4 last night, I see that many pages return scripting errors within my VB.NET program which makes use of the WebBrowser control. These scripting errors don't appear to users who use a regular web browser, just within my VB app I built. The WebBrowser control is sensitive to scripting errors on web pages, and so far I haven't been able to discover a way to make that control go "silent" when it comes across scripting errors.

Anyway, I want to point this error out in case it can be fixed in the next release. Here's the particulars:
    An error has occurred in the script on this page.
    Line: 209
    Char: 13
    Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
    Code: 0
    URL: http : // www . myforum . com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=n
    The error occurs when clicking onto any thread from with a forum, and the 'n' number represents the forum index.

If I click into the last post link from the home page, the error doesn't happen. If I click into any forum listing, it's okay, but once inside of a forum, if I click on any thread listing, the error happens.

The same error happens on viewing the membership listing, or my UserCP page, or the calendar page, or even the 'home' (/forum/index.php) link, and it says the same line and char numbers, but different pages, which seems odd.

I checked all the other templates we use, and they all have the error in them.
  • Shamil.
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.2.X

Can you view the source of the page in your app?
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

We can't test vBulletin in every third-party web browser. It is tested in A-Class browsers only. Most likely issue is with the user agent that you are sending. If you are sending an IE user agent but do not make IE's DOM available, than you would get errors like this. It would be best to send a custom user agent. Then vBulletin will degrade its javascript to fit your browser.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SOnline2
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by ct2k7
        Can you view the source of the page in your app?
        Thanks, ct! I enabled script debugging in the IE Advanced Options, and it forced a blank session of VB.NET to debug the error. The culprit was Woopra's java. Disabling Woopra in the VB Options didn't stop the error. Nor did disabling the whole product within the Product Manager. I had to remove the code within the footer template, and now it's running clean again. That explains why the errors were happening in the same line and char, regardless of (apparent) page!

Please, VBulletin, case closed!

Comment