Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoE
    • Sep 2007

Nested Quotes in Posts

I had a member here PM me to ask if it was possible to allow nested quotes in posts (like PM's). I wrote a very simple plugin that will allow nested quotes in posts. It works with MultiQuote and Reply. Quick Reply will not nest the quotes as it is just a quick reply. Also it was only tested with the normal thread display. As PM's will not support attachments, I decided to post the steps here (for the member who requested it can create it and use it) and for those of you who may wish to try it out.

If there is any problems... disable it,

To create the plugin:

1. Plugins & Products -> Plugin manager -> Add New Plugin

2. For the Hook Location select newreply_quote

3. For the Title: Allow Nested Quotes in Posts

4. Leave the Execution Order as defaulted

5. Plugin PHP Code: paste the following code in

Code:

$pagetext = htmlspecialchars_uni($quote_post['pagetext']);
    6. Plugin is Active: Yes

As I stated above: very simple. Personally, I would just comment out the line that strips old quotes, but that would be modifying the code and I did not want the member who requested this to do so. I did limited testing of the above on my fixed width 3.8.2 forum and it worked. If you try it just post here if it worked as designed, thanks.

Demo here (don't mind the posts, just for testing while I work on my template: http://www.icewinddalerp.com/iwdrpfo...thread.php?t=5
    Last edited by DoE; Mon 18 May '09, 4:52pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...