X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

Is an owned license still active?

If you owned the license in 3.x instead of "leasing" it would it not be considered active? I fail to see how any 3.x license would still be active per Zachery's reply here - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...=1392593819753 and someone deleted my post instead of lets say editing then replying accordingly however this is a question about licensing not why a thread was moderated so be careful and lets actually reply to me this time - thanks .

Am I missing something or?? Please clarify because despite being on staff in the past things have changed and it's a mess of confusion regarding all this.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

An owned license never expires. However your ability to access newer versions does.

All licenses prior to vBulletin 4 came with 12 months of updates, after the initial 12 month period, a renewal was required to continue to access newer versions. We no longer offer renewals, so unless you're on an "Active" (new downloads access) status vBulletin 3 license, you'd have to have vBulletin 4 or 5 license to get 3.8.8 at this point.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

The 3.X license was active for one year after purchase. At which time you had to renew. TO make your license active for life you need to purchase an upgrade. This has been the case for the last 5 years. Nothing has changed recently.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...