Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sneijder
    • Aug 2016

With VB5 Cloud

How do make CMS the default page? And how do you turn the footer link of https://1234567890.vbulletin.net into www.mywebpage.com ?
  • Sneijder
    • Aug 2016

The CMS bit I figured out.. but what about the custom URL?

Comment

• Sneijder
      • Aug 2016

Actually all I did was put a link of the CMS on the top of the front page.. that's as far as I can bring it.. how do I make the CMS/Articles the default page?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

As far as I can tell you have yet to setup your CNAME for your domain record, until that is done and you activate your domain in the cloud console you will not be able to use the custom domain you signed up with.

CNAME instructions - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...r-cname-record

I wouldn't try doing too much else until that is resolved.

Comment

• Sneijder
          • Aug 2016

Obviously you just set the url for each page you want.. that bit I finally figured out.. another question.. where it says Page 1.. the white background.. what's that called in styles? I been through all the styles and it's still a white background..

Comment

• Sneijder
            • Aug 2016

Also when you post and delete an article.. how do you delete the "This article by Administrator has been deleted by Administrator" part?

Comment

• Sneijder
              • Aug 2016

I figured the delete article part.. just trial and error.. but the page 1 thing I still dunno..

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Sneijder
                another question.. where it says Page 1.. the white background.. what's that called in styles? I been through all the styles and it's still a white background..
                Not every single element can be edited by a style variable, those exist only for the most commonly edited elements. You would likely need to add custom CSS to the css_additional.css template to override that background. It's actually a gradient not a simple color so just adding a background-color element isn't going to be enough. Specific help with custom CSS is generally beyond the scope of our support. There are many sites out there where you can learn the basics of using CSS and techniques for finding wheat the name of an element is in your browser. (Generally right-clicking on the element and choosing "Inspect Element" in the browser, if available, is the first step.)

Comment