X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dale D-FL
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

SSL Question

This may be a silly question but currently I have my forum set to where Guests are unable to post. If I change the settings to allow Guests to post will they be able to now that we have SSL?
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

SSL has nothing to do with the guests' permissions to post.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Dale D-FL
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.0.X

Thank you Glenn. I didn't think would stop it but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Comment

• Dale D-FL
        • Jul 2014
        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
        SSL has nothing to do with the guests' permissions to post.
        Another question Glenn, for curiosity I set the forum to where Guests can view and it works fine but, when allowing them to post/reply the option appears not to work after saving. Could I have overlooked a setting somewhere?

Comment

• Dale D-FL
          • Jul 2014
          • 5.0.X

Disregard the above question Glenn. Got it figured out and it is now working. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• Mattwhf
            • May 2016
            • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Dale D-FL

Another question Glenn, for curiosity I set the forum to where Guests can view and it works fine but, when allowing them to post/reply the option appears not to work after saving. Could I have overlooked a setting somewhere?
            You need to check forum permission again to see which you missed there.

Also you can provide a screenshot of forum permissions on your forum so it's easier to solve your problem
            Web Hosting Forum - Learn web hosting and offering your web hosting plans for free!
            Tranh phong cảnh, tranh nghệ thuật đẹp, bếp từ nhập khẩu chất lượng cao!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Mattwhf

You need to check forum permission again to see which you missed there.

Also you can provide a screenshot of forum permissions on your forum so it's easier to solve your problem
              The original OP already mentioned that his issue was fixed at post #5.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...