Static HTML Module | post-update glitch?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lisa0413
    • Mar 2015
    • 5.1.x

Static HTML Module | post-update glitch?

Hey, guys. So, went to add a very simple static html module into my right-hand narrow column today (first since the latest version update) and while I saved it to that column and did everything correctly (as I have done many times in the past), the module keeps appearing above the sub-channels display module and spanning the forum width (the wide column) instead of where it was placed (in the right-hand narrow column). As a troubleshooting measure, I duplicated an existing module that currently appears in that same narrow column and the same exact thing occurred. Is this a known issue / am I the only one having this issue? Please advise as I will need to update content and cannot if it continues to place that content in the wrong place. Cheers! Lisa
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Can you post a screenshot or link?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Lisa0413
      • Mar 2015
      • 5.1.x

OK, created specifically for your request Glenn Vergara so you can understand what I tried to explain above:

You can see here that I added a static html module in the right-hand narrow column of the page, titled here "TEST HTML MODULE" that, in this example, contains simple html code embedding a linked TEST image ...

... I saved it and, instead of appearing where I placed it, in the right-hand narrow column (where I have two pre-update static html modules), you can see that it instead appears above the sub-channels display module (I cropped out the right-hand column in the image below)

Last edited by Lisa0413; Wed 1 Jul '15, 11:43am.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

Thanks for providing screenshots. Do you have any plugin or custom CSS that might be moving the HTML module? Can you post a link to your forum?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Lisa0413
          • Mar 2015
          • 5.1.x

Glenn Vergara the only custom CSS I have is just font related (see below) - nothing that would affect the modules. And no plugins.

Code:
          @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans|Open+Sans+Condensed:300);
          .b-post__edit { display: none; }
          h1 {
            font-size: 17px;
          }
          Last edited by Lisa0413; Wed 1 Jul '15, 2:43pm.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

I see. Can you post a link to your forum? If you don't want it to be in public, you can PM it to me.

Comment

• Lisa0413
              • Mar 2015
              • 5.1.x

Glenn Vergara sending you a PM.

Comment

• Lisa0413
                • Mar 2015
                • 5.1.x

So, I went and tried again today (figured, why not? no one from VB has yet responded / everyone likely away for holiday) and this time my test module appeared below the channel display module instead of where it was placed and saved (the right narrow column). Not sure what is going on, but hope the issue can be fixed. Has anyone else running vB Cloud tried to add an HTML module to a narrow column since the update and had a similar issue? Cheers! L

Comment