X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wizard Cat
    • May 2015
    • 5.1.x

User Profile Field Search

I swear I've seen this working on other vbforums. I'm trying to make it so you can search custom user profile fields. I understand that custom text fields may have issues as being searchable, but not preset lists and checkboxes.

I want a multi-line selectable text field like this example:

egg
    cheese
    milk

The user can select the options they want, then I can search the memberlist for "eggs" and find the users that have eggs selected in their profile field. The reason I need this is for people posting their job skills and people being able to search by that. How can I do this? It doesn't seem to be working.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can't search by profile field in vBulletin 5.X and therefore cannot do so in Cloud. I do not know why this functionality was excluded from the original design of the member's list.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wizard Cat
      • May 2015
      • 5.1.x

Thanks for the reply. Wow, that's a real product killer for me. I just bought the vcloud a couple weeks ago assuming this functionality because I had seen it working for ages on other sites using it. Apparently they were using VB4. What a letdown.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...