X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ckundred
    • May 2015
    • 5.1.x

Tapatalk vB Cloud?

My forum is just a couple weeks old but I've had many requests to add Tapatalk. I know what Tapatalk is but wouldn't know how to load it....Is it even possible to load it on vB Cloud?
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Installing plugins/mods to vBCloud is not allowed. You need to have the self-hosted/dowload version.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• ckundred
      • May 2015
      • 5.1.x

Well, that should change...thanks Glenn, I originally bought the self hosted version but gave up and switched to the cloud....I just wanted to host a Forum, not become an expert at the software....too bad the cloud version isn't flexible....especially for mobile users!

Comment

• Replicant
        • Sep 2014

The VB5 responsive design works very well on mobile devices. I have tapatalk on my site and it is only used by two specific users. All others use the standard browser to view the forums. The last couple of versions have made huge strides in streamlining mobile usability.

Comment

• ckundred
          • May 2015
          • 5.1.x

Thanks, my forum just started a couple weeks ago and I've gotten nearly a dozen requests to have it work on Tapatalk. Personally I'm not a huge fan of it but I'm finding out quickly how many folks are....

Comment

• God Of Radio
            • Jun 2008

My traffic on my forum has dropped due to not having tapatalk. I get repeated questions about it. Everyone complains about the mobile view and the navigation. Considering 45% of my traffic is from mobile devices, you'd THINK there would be a better alternative. I ask questions. No one answers. Beautiful.

Comment

• Replicant
              • Sep 2014

Tapatalk on VB5 doesn't currently display comments which on my site are used very frequently. I got complaints on TT and I just told them don't use it if they don't like it.

My traffic is mostly mobile users. I recently ran a feedback thread on my site and most of the users were very satisfied with the standard VB responsive view with my enhancements, both load time and appearance. I started the feedback thread because I was entertaining the idea of creating a streamlined light weight mobile style for my site since TT is not fully functional for VB5. After the feedback I got, I don't think it will be necessary. Most of the complaints I have on the mobile view come from 3 users(Whiners).

Comment

• blrjohn07
                • Feb 2010
                • 3.8.x

70% members of my forum have dropped their activity out due to this Tapatalk issue. VBCloud definitely should provide Tapatalk support. Or at least create some mobile friendly app like tapatalk which members can download from App store / Google Play.

I am trying hard to push my members to use mobile browser but majority is asking for Tapatalk. My forum activities have drop out drastically.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

vBulletin Cloud supports the Forum Runner app which is a direct competitor to Tapatalk. And owned by our parent company. I don't foresee adding Tapatalk support in the foreseeable future.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• blrjohn07
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 3.8.x

If forum runner supports, that will somewhat help me to get my members back on my forum. Now can you please answer my queries in the forum runner thread ???

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...e-forum-runner

Comment

• TheGLForum
                      • Jul 2014
                      • 5.0.X

What happened to Forum Runner? Is it gone?

Comment

• Mark.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by TheGLForum
                        What happened to Forum Runner? Is it gone?
                        Yes, it is no longer being developed and won't work on modern versions of iOS and Android.
                        MARK.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        ------------
                        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment