X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vonlinchen
    • Feb 2015
    • 5.1.x

How can I change these things?

If anyone can tell me how I can edit any or all of the things in this list, I'd be extremely greatful:

1. Is it possible for me to change the border at the top & left to match the bottem & right?
    2. Can I change the background colour of this text input area?
    3. In the profile settings, when I try to change these dividers after saving and re-loading they revert to default, can I prevent this?
    4. Is there a way I can change his dotted line to a solid one and/or its colour?
    5. Is it possible to remove the white border/background to the poll results display?
    6. Where can I change the colour of these buttons?

Thanks in advance guys!
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

You have a customized style there it would be easier to help you if you post a link to your forum. All the things you listed can be fixed in via custom CSS in Sitebuilder > Style > CSS Editor.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Vonlinchen
      • Feb 2015
      • 5.1.x

Thanks for the help!
      Last edited by Vonlinchen; Mon 2 Mar '15, 6:53am.

Comment

• Vonlinchen
        • Feb 2015
        • 5.1.x

So I'm not very used to the way CSS works. How do I go about adding CSS to the forum, don't I need to edit existing files?

Also if anyone could help with specifically what CSS code I'll need for the options mentioned that would be great.

Thanks in advanced!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

Add these via Sitebuilder > Style > CSS Editor > (Change theme/style). Repeat for all themes/styles as needed.

Code:
          #header .search-container .search-box .search-term { box-shadow: none; }  /* #1 */
          .b-editor .cke_wysiwyg_frame, .b-editor .cke_wysiwyg_div { background: #c0c0c0; }  /* #2 - this affects all ckeditor background */
          .profile-sidebar-widget .profile-menulist .profile-menulist-item {   /* #3 */
              border-top: 1px solid #fff;
              border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;
          }
          .b-divider--post-controls { border-top: 1px solid #ccc; }   /* #4 */
          .pollresults-data tr td.polloption-cell .bar-container { padding: 0; }   /* #5 */
          .profile-sidebar-widget .profile-menulist .profile-action-buttons a.button,
          .profile-sidebar-widget .profile-menulist .profile-action-buttons button {   /* #6 - These are the default values, change values accordingly */
              background: #D5E8EE url("images/css/sprite_gradients_vb.png") repeat-x scroll 0 -250px;
              border-color: #C8CCCE;
              color: #09161b !important;
          }
          Change colors accordingly.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Vonlinchen
            • Feb 2015
            • 5.1.x

Thank you sir! your a life saver!

Edit: #3 still hasn't changed. Damn those white bars!
            Last edited by Vonlinchen; Fri 27 Feb '15, 11:26am.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

css_profile.css is added to the page after css_additional.css which shouldn't be the case. To fix, add !important .

Code:
              .profile-sidebar-widget .profile-menulist .profile-menulist-item {
                  border-top: 1px solid #212525 !important;
                  border-bottom: 1px solid #212525 !important;
              }
              Btw, you can make the other border as transparent to make the divider not too thick.

Comment

• Vonlinchen
                • Feb 2015
                • 5.1.x

Ok, so I dived straight into it and I'm trying to change the dotted lines shown in the image below.

This is the code i'm trying to use, does it look right?

Code:
                .forum-list-container .forum-item td {
                    padding: 15px 0px;
                    border-top: 1px solid #000000 !important;
                    vertical-align: top;
                }
                It doesn't seem to work :/

EDIT: Nvm, was using a child and wasn't editing the parent. -_- Durp
                Last edited by Vonlinchen; Fri 27 Feb '15, 9:46pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...