X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

What error message are you getting? For me, I got this error:

The Dimension limits for this filetype are 2000 x 2000. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 3072 x 2304.

Comment

• Solange
      Solange commented
      Editing a comment
      The error I am getting is below in quotations. I have tried changing the mime, size and various options but cannot get anything to work.

I am trying to upload documents and spreadsheets. I am not having a problem with image files or pdf files just the documents and spreadsheets. Thank you in advance.

"ImageMagick exec error found: identify: no decode delegate for this image format `/tmp/vbattachzmy42d.docx' @ constitute.c/readimage/503.
      addresses.docx"
      Last edited by Solange; Sun 25 Jan '15, 3:54am.
  • Solange
    • Dec 2014
    • 5.1.x

Of all the zillions of information I have been going through on the internet, it seems to have something to do with ImageMagick 6 or GD. I have checked all the settings in the Admin Control Panel over and over again and cannot seem to find a setting that I can change to resolve my problem. I do not see anything in the Control Panel related to ImageMagick or GD. I believe there was a way to change these in the older software but not vBulletin Cloud. I am trying to upload attachment. My image and pdf attachments are working fine for now. The attachments that are not working seem to be the ones from Microsoft Office 2007 such as .doc, .docx., .xls and .xlsx. Has anyone found a solution to this issue of not being able to upload these attachments.. it has been a week and I would like to get back to working on my forum. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.
    Last edited by Solange; Mon 26 Jan '15, 9:46am.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

I made a new article on your site called Articles are Amazing!, no issue uploading the image you gave to me.

Comment

• Solange
        Solange commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Zachery but trying not to be mean, did you read that I said I have no problem uploading image files like you put in "Articles are Amazing".

I said """My image and pdf attachments are working fine for now""". The attachments that are not working seem to be the ones from Microsoft Office 2007 such as .doc, .docx., .xls and .xlsx. Has anyone found a solution to this issue of not being able to upload these attachments.. it has been a week and I would like to get back to working on my forum. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Why can I not upload any attachments other than image or pdf files????
    • Solange
      • Dec 2014
      • 5.1.x

I tried to do a screenshot. Here is what I am getting when I try to upload anything other than a jpg or pdf. Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	4277302

Comment

• Replicant
        • Sep 2014

Your system is trying to run the attachment through the image processing program. In the attachment manager in admincp, in the "doc" listing , click edit and see what the mime type is set to. This should be
        Code:
        Content-type: application/msword
        for the .doc extension

Comment

• Solange
          Solange commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Replicant for helping me.

This is what I have set for the mime types in the Attachment Manger for these extensions.

doc: Content-type: application/msword
          docx: Content-Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document
          xls: Content-type: application/vnd.ms-excel
          xlsx: Content-type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet

Max file size for all the above extensions, I have set at 2097152 bytes.

I have Microsoft Office 2007 that saves documents in docx and spreadsheets in xlsx formats but I can also save in the doc and xls format.

I get the error when trying to upload any of the files above. (ImageMagick exec error found: identify: no decode delegate for this image format). I got the mime types of the internet and they seem to be right. That being said, I have no idea what is going on. Do I have to change all my documents and spreadsheets to image files? I hope not because, I am not sure how to do this.

I really appreciate your help. As you can see, I have been trying to figure this out for some time now.
      • Replicant
        • Sep 2014

Well, with the mime-types set correctly, there's no reason for the system to be calling for image magick. On the plus side, 5.1.5 was released today, and it may very well fix your issue. I had several issues that were haunting me on 5.1.3, but when I upgraded to 5.1.4 , they all went away. Maybe this new release will fix yours as well.

Comment

• Solange
          Solange commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you again.
      • Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

There are a lot of reasons to be calling imagemagick, for example checking to make sure the image is valid, and resizing it.

Comment