X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGLForum
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

Moving from vbCloud to Connect

I am considering moving from vbCloud to the full vBulletin Connect 5.1. I have a couple of questions:
    • Is there a way to migrate my vbCloud site to the "full" version with the Mobile Bundle?
    • Do you have any recommendations for hosting companies that are reliable? I have been communicating with Arvixe, any experience with them?
    • Do you offer any migration assistance?

Thanks!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

1. Yes. You'll need to purchase the full vBulletin 5 connect license, or the mobile bundle. You may want to look into forumrunner, or other solutions before purchasing the mobile suite though.
    2. ASmallOrange, HostGator, BlueHost, and GoDaddy's cPanel/Plesk tiered plans are all fine.
    3. If you purchase a professional install/upgrade service on cloud when moving to a full license we can handle the migration for you.

Comment

• TheGLForum
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.0.X

I am going to interpret that Arvixe is not one of your favorites.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by TheGLForum
        I am going to interpret that Arvixe is not one of your favorites.
        All it means is that we have no knowledge of it. This is why we don't officially recommend hosts. There are millions of them, we cannot possibly know every single one.

Ask your prospective hosts what they know about vBulletin. Ask them for examples of other vBulletin sites they host. If they haven't heard of it, and cannot show you any, find someone else. There are plenty.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• TheGLForum
          • Jul 2014
          • 5.0.X

Is there a way to determine how much bandwidth out vbCloud site is using? I tried to open the vbCloud Console, but it hangs.

Comment