X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drile
    • Nov 2001

Originally posted by IDN
    That was great.

Thanks for the link, I am bookmarking that.
    -Neal

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by IDN
      Yeah, I have seen that as well. I use a debit card mostly which requires a PIN but it also has my picture and signature right there on the front of the card. Plus my cards all have $0 Liability policies so anything fraudalent on them and it gets replaced. It is harder to do that with checks.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Ksilebo
        • May 2001

Plus, it takes 10 seconds to take out the card, swipe, enter PIN if needed, wait for approval, sign paper/screen if needed, get receipt and go. I hate writing checks.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
        http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

• Beorn
          • May 2002

Originally posted by IDN
          I'm a cashier, and everyone tells me I'm one of the few people who check the cards. If it doesn't have a signature, and it's over $20, I ask for ID. If there's no idea, I flat out refuse to use the card. The head cashier, at our holiday meeting even said he doesn't check most of the time, and said specifically I was the only one who did.

Additionally, I'm the only one who actually knows how to use Traveller's Checks. You sign the top line as soon as you get it. Then, the cashier watches you countersign.

So, don't go grouping all cashiers together. We may mostly be teens, but I know one of us isn't stupid.

Comment

• rockergrrl
            • Jul 2000

I've never had any problem with people wiring money into my account. Most of which have been strangers. I had someone wire me $85,000 (yes, thousand) to buy some laptops which he bought from me, and no problems.

The best bet, is to get a deposit only account (yes, your bank can put such restrictions on your account), and then transfer the money into your regular bank acount.

When I was 18, I had an employee of Current (the check printing company), steal my checks that I had just ordered to be printed, and she wrote $50,000 worth of bad checks using the checks she stole from Current. She also stole checks from someone that had ordered from there - which she got caught for.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...